Choosing nutrient additives

onthe420train

hey so right now running am planning to use floranova grow and bloom, and koolbloom but thinking about adding other GH additives such as diamond nectar (humic acid), floranectar (sweetener / carbo), florablend (compost tea), florashield (for health) and florakleen (for flush).

I notice that to buy all of these in quarts its about $80 to buy them all in gallons its about $200 but I think I'll need more florablend than anything else and very little floranectar.

anyway to get on point is it worth using on top of floranova and koolbloom - I think that floranectar florablend and diamond nectar would be really good together... also is floralicious pretty necessary? I gather that floralicious is pretty much for soil...

Not a GH expert, but stick to the Flora basics, and add the floranectar for sure. It will add to the taste and smell of the finished product. I'd recommend to just add one thing at a time just to see what the effects are in your situation. You can save yourself a lot of money. The base nutes should have just about everything the plant needs. For the others they certainly are good things but I think the Floranova base nutes have humic acids, and stuff similar to the compost tea in it already. The flush is preference, as you can just flush your plants with water the last week or so. There is nothing wrong with getting all the additives but most of the time it is just extra money and time. I run another brand of nutes and have more additives then I can count and end up using just one or two most of the time. I use the others every now and then just to use it and get rid of it.

yeah you're right floranova has the humic and compost tea effect in it already - so diamond nectar and florablend are pretty redundant. however, GH.com still recommends you add a significant amount of florablend to the floranova, and floralicious on top of that.

Just add small amounts of the additives. It is always possible to add more but it is hard to remove it without wasting it and starting over. The nectar should be very low in npk value so it can be added without much problem. Just start off slow and in no time you will know how your plants respond to the food.:yummy:

hey so right now running am planning to use floranova grow and bloom, and koolbloom but thinking about adding other GH additives such as diamond nectar (humic acid), floranectar (sweetener / carbo), florablend (compost tea), florashield (for health) and florakleen (for flush).

I notice that to buy all of these in quarts its about $80 to buy them all in gallons its about $200 but I think I'll need more florablend than anything else and very little floranectar.

anyway to get on point is it worth using on top of floranova and koolbloom - I think that floranectar florablend and diamond nectar would be really good together... also is floralicious pretty necessary? I gather that floralicious is pretty much for soil...

My brother uses GH additives and swears by them!! I use Botanicare and they have Sweet which is like floranectar and it makes a huge difference. First time I used it on some flowering plants I had, three days later they went "fuzzy" with trich growth!

From what I've read in the blurb on it, Floranectar is not much more (if any), that the molasses I get at the grocery for $2.25/16 oz bottle, or $4.50/qt.

$20/qt for a pretty label?

DD

lol you already read my rant on additives but I thought here I would go into a little more detail.

Diamond Nectar ya is pretty redundant. Seems like everything has humic acid in it these days. I know Advanced tells you to use like three different products with humic acid in it!

Floranectar: I agree with Droopy Dog just use Molasses. Molasses has tons of nutrients in it like iron that plants love. Plants don't need sugar! soil bacteria need sugar and the plant provides this! Up to half the photosynthate will go to feed the rhizosphere. Plants will also ragulate this more nutrients equals less sugars to the bacteria because the plant doesn't need them when as much i fertile soil so it doesn't want to feed them.

Florablend: Since I am running salts I like to add organics. Organics have been shown to turn on different genes that chemical fertilizers. I right now want to run 80% salts 20% organics that is why I am adding pure blend pro. Floranova I think just has humic acid. I think that is why they say that it has organic component to it. I didn't see anything on the MSDS or product label saying it actually contain like seaweed, kelp, or any of that good stuff. This might be something to add to bump up the organics component. I would just buy a bottle of seaweed or kelp or include kelpmeal in the soilless mix.

Heard good things about florashield but I would get it only if I was having a pathogen problem in my roots. But again heard a few people swear by it when they got slimed!

Munki and Pitviper I believe use Floralicious Plus. I was thinking of using it but decided just to use pureblend. Plants don't need vitamins, protein, or sugar they make there own. When products brag that they have this stuff in it I am not impressed.

Koolbloom is just salt fertilizer. I don't think you need 0-10-10. Floranova ratios seem really good to me! More fertilizer is not better. The fact that is uses different salt fertiziers I don't think is going to make it yield any better.

To me a great base nutrient like Floranova and if you want a bit of organics (love wormcastings, seaweeds and kelps) is all ya need for a kick ass grow!

Back
Top Bottom