Classes on Glass Blowing?

passthat

I've always been interested in the art of blown glass, I think it can be so beautiful. I recently asked myself how I might get into a hobby of glass blowing. Are there classes somewhere? Or do I just have to go find an independent blower out there who's nice enough to make me his apprentice and take me under his wing? This is my first post and any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated:) thank you all who read :roorrip:

I know some colleges have classes. So look into that in your area. I know of one place in maryland that has classes for beginners thats not at a college.McFadden Art Glass

ya that'd be interesting. to be able to craft something like bongs or even other things. it just sucks if theres no local classes for what your interested in. thats whats keeping me from taking horticultue production diploma. its just to far from me.

Well my university here offers both glass blowing and horticulture classes. Ill be taking them both next year. I can't wait till Im able to make my own bongs and bubblers lol.

There's a couple classes in LA not to far from So. Cal, and if you're willing to drive to Berkeley look up Revere Glass. They have a whole school.

C&H Glassworks will be offering one-on-one pipe making classes every weekend starting in June of 2014. Call us to book your slot now as we expect them to fill up quickly. You can book 2 or 3 hour slots at $70 per hour. All materials are provided. All students must be 18+ years of age.

Classes will be focused on introductory techniques. Our goal is to get each student comfortable with making pipes on their own.

Our instructor Taylor Kelly has several years of lamp working experience. He has been teaching the art of lamp working for the past few years to interested individuals. His art specializes in frit, fuming and line work.

Call us at 303-274-0643 to book a slot. Or contact us via email at chglassworks@gmail.com. The studio is located at 11354 W. 13th Ave. Ste. 6 Lakewood, CO 80215 (just west of downtown Denver).:bong:

Back
Top Bottom