Clear/orange termite looking bugs - White spots on leaves - Pics - Help!

DaddySkunk

Hi all, long time reader, first time posting.

Having a bit of a problem here. Almost over night all of my plants have white spots on the leaves. Upon giving them a good once over, I found termite looking bugs on the leaves and in the soil. Some are a clearish white and some are orange. They are quick little suckers, can see well, they try to run when im mashing them with my fingers. No wings, several little legs, black eyes and looks like little pinchers for their mouth.

FFOF soil
FF nutes
25-50% RH
PH- 6.5-6.8
Rain water mostly, distilled water other times
Space heater running, 70 when lights off, 75-80 when lights on
Inline fan running on low for fresh air

I cant see the spots being mold. Not sure if the bugs are the cause of the spots. The only thing I did different before I noticed the spots is add Snow Storm Ultra and Carbo Load to my mix. Could that have something to do with it?

I sprayed the leaves with Insecticidal soap, killed some bugs on contact, but thats about it. The still everywhere. I have some gnatrol for fungas nats, didnt want to use it tho unless it will help with these critters.

Anyone have any clues to what is going on?

PS Also some leaf tips are curled down and some tips are brown, altho they have been doing this for a while now.

See pics...

bug1e.jpg

bug2s.jpg

bug3q.jpg

spots12.jpg

spots31.jpg

Go to your local health food store and buy "rosemary extract." Forget SNS-217 as rosemary extract is the only active ingredient in it and it's overpriced. All you have to do is use distilled or RO water 'tap if you dont mind the fluoride neurotoxin' and create a 2% solution (98% H2O and 2% rosemary extract) taken into consideration some extracts also have alcohol 'evaporate before use!' Remember, everything in moderation, that's just life. Find pump spray bottle that has never had anything harmful inside or buy one to put your home made solution in. Now take that bottle and vigorously coat ALL the plants, not just the ones that are infected. The idea is to prevent one single life annoyance from spreading their DNA all over your product. Now watch the solution remove every last drop of moisture 'life' from those critters and flake off like the dandruff they are and it's all natural!
Life annoyances 'lack of better words, whatever it is it doesn't matter against rosemary' destroy plant cells by sucking out their contents and rosemary extract works by providing a barrier which is harmless to the plant, but fatal to the life annoyances. The natural salts from fatty acids derived from Rosemary extracts disrupt the insect cell structure and permeability of its membranes. Cell contents then leak from compromised cell walls and the life annoyances quickly die. Some of the rosemary extract is also absorbed by the plant and then suppress the life cycle of the life annoyances. Rosemary extract kills the life annoyance's eggs as well by coating the eggs with a oily shield that disrupts the respiration to the egg; therefore no hatching will occur, they will just dry out.

Nice find! Copied from wiki about Azamax, it is now known to affect over 200 species of insect, by acting mainly as an antifeedant and growth disruptor, and as such it possesses considerable toxicity toward insects (LD50(S. littoralis): 15 ug/g). It fulfills many of the criteria needed for a natural insecticide if it is to replace synthetic compounds. Azadirachtin is biodegradable (it degrades within 100 hours when exposed to light and water) and shows very low toxicity to mammals (the LD50 in rats is > 3,540 mg/kg making it practically non-toxic).
This compound is found in the seeds (0.2 to 0.8 percent by weight) of the neem tree, Azadirachta indica (hence the prefix aza does not imply an aza compound, but refers to the scientific species name). Many more compounds, related to azadirachtin, are present in the seeds as well as in the leaves and the bark of the neem tree which also show strong biological activities among various pest insects.

MSDS - 1.2% AZADIRACHTIN
98.8% other (water)

It's the question of obtaining Azamax that will work very well or at your local health food store, rosemary extract and water mix or any other compound from this Earth untouched, no harm to plants while effective.

Azamax is good stuff. Vegetable based as well, so shouldn't be bad for you. Too bad it comes in that small little bottle. Works great against fungus gnats as well. I mix it into my reservoir and it turns the res a milky color. Stuffs expensive so I only use it on my hydro plants when I can confirm maggots eating my roots, which I had to see to believe. People on the boards mentioned it happened to them, but I had to see to believe. Picked up a bottle of this stuff called Orange Guard for Ornamental Plants. I am wondering if this stuff is ok to use on clones in the early veg stage, like if I bring them home from the dispensary. Active ingredient is listed as Limonene.

ya when your adding it in your res you go through so much more. I find spraying them is much more effective and you use so much less. Even if my plants are very healthy and no signs of anything I spray them every third day in veg and every third day in bud for the first two weeks. I haven't had a problems with any bugs in the last year and half......

In regards to Wet Betty, an example of a Hydrocarbon-based Surfactant is antifreeze (ETHYLENE GLYCOL.) Hydrocarbon-based surfactant compounds are amphiphilic, having a hydrophilic, water loving 'end', referred to as their 'head group', and a lipophilic, fat loving 'end', usually a long chain hydrocarbon fragment, referred to as their 'tail' reducing the surface tension of water by ADsorbing at the liquid-gas interface. They also reduce the interfacial tension between oil and water by adsorbing at the liquid-liquid interface.

Whether or not the non-ionic surfactant used in, "Wet Betty" is hydrocarbon based or not is up for debate, not mentioning the depiction of a woman's skirt blown up having a sign stating "plant penetrator" got a laugh but it's not selling me considerating the 2 page essay written about what it does, at the same time completely devoid of the exact ingredients that do not add up to 100% so I can only assume it's water... hmm...

'Original' 1L=$32.70

1% - Soluble Potash (K2O)
Also contains NON-PLANT food ingredients
17% - Yucca Extract
1.25% - 'Non-Ionic Surfactant' hydrocarbon based surfactant (antifreeze) I can only assume?
80.75% - expensive water?

'Organic' 1L=$41.62

1% - Soluble Potash (K2O)
Also contains NON-PLANT food ingredients
0.57% - Quallaia Saponaria Extract
98.43% - expensive water?

Back
Top Bottom