Clone flowering in the veg state or pre-flowers?

RippdVanWinkl

Hey guys! Long story short i've got a white widow clone (unknown mother age) and it looks like its starting to flower but it is in 18/6 veg light. I have read that if they become root bound they have a tendency to flower (They were a little root bound when I bought it) but I have also read that it could have something to do with the age of the mother plant. Additionally, I have read that it could be pre-flowering that that it can kick itself back into a vegetative state?

Quick Background on setup:
32"x32"x63" Tent
12gal DWC
300w LED light
General Hydroponics Micro, Gro and Bloom
Coastal Southern California temps (under 80)
Humidity has been around 60%
Clones have been in DWC for just over a week now.

Any help is appreciated!

Below are some photos(Leaf colors might look a little strange due to the LED's):

20160613_224330.jpg

20160613_224326.jpg

Hey guys! Long story short i've got a white widow clone (unknown mother age) and it looks like its starting to flower but it is in 18/6 veg light. I have read that if they become root bound they have a tendency to flower (They were a little root bound when I bought it) but I have also read that it could have something to do with the age of the mother plant. Additionally, I have read that it could be pre-flowering that that it can kick itself back into a vegetative state?

Quick Background on setup:
32"x32"x63" Tent
12gal DWC
300w LED light
General Hydroponics Micro, Gro and Bloom
Coastal Southern California temps (under 80)
Humidity has been around 60%
Clones have been in DWC for just over a week now.

18/6 light should make a photo plant unable to flower. Root bound is not going to cause them to flower it just makes them look ill. Age of the mother plant is not going to make them flower, I have had mother plants going for years and all the clones acted normally. Preflowering doesn't look like that either... a plant can "pre-flower" where it sends out a few pistils here and there... but what you have is a full blown flower developing.
Another clue is that this plant from what I can see doesn't look like a clone. There are no leaves chopped in half, no odd growth... this looks like a plant that has grown from seed from the leaves that we can see. Are you absolutely sure that you didn't get hold of an AUTO plant? You say you have had them in DWC for a week or so... how did they look when you got them?

18/6 light should make a photo plant unable to flower. Root bound is not going to cause them to flower it just makes them look ill. Age of the mother plant is not going to make them flower, I have had mother plants going for years and all the clones acted normally. Preflowering doesn't look like that either... a plant can "pre-flower" where it sends out a few pistils here and there... but what you have is a full blown flower developing.
Another clue is that this plant from what I can see doesn't look like a clone. There are no leaves chopped in half, no odd growth... this looks like a plant that has grown from seed from the leaves that we can see. Are you absolutely sure that you didn't get hold of an AUTO plant? You say you have had them in DWC for a week or so... how did they look when you got them?

Emilya,
Thanks for the reply, and the information. When I got the clone from the dispensary everything looked fine, it didn't look like it was starting to bud or else I wouldn't have got it. On the other hand, no i'm not sure that I didnt get an autoflowering plant. Also, I was told it was a clone/ it looked more like a clone than a seeded start when I first got a hold of them. What would happen if I just left it in 18/6 until my other plants are ready to flower? I'd imagine it it probably wont yeild as well as it should, but at the same time I am not going to change the light cycle on my grow until my Cinex and Tahoe OG are ready for flower.

Emilya,
Thanks for the reply, and the information. When I got the clone from the dispensary everything looked fine, it didn't look like it was starting to bud or else I wouldn't have got it. On the other hand, no i'm not sure that I didnt get an autoflowering plant. Also, I was told it was a clone/ it looked more like a clone than a seeded start when I first got a hold of them. What would happen if I just left it in 18/6 until my other plants are ready to flower? I'd imagine it it probably wont yeild as well as it should, but at the same time I am not going to change the light cycle on my grow until my Cinex and Tahoe OG are ready for flower.

If it truly is an auto, it won't care that the room is on 18/6... it will just flower away. There is no reason to think it won't yield either, just get it as much light as you can now in the veg room and she will do what she can. This will also give you proof positive that you were not sold what you thought you got. Clones typically are going to have all but the very top leaves chopped in half. I didn't see that here.

Back
Top Bottom