Clone life?

Stomps 23

Can anyone out there in 420 land answer these?

How many times can you clone a specific strain?
Does the strain become weaker or genetics change the more you clone?

I clone from veg, grow to veg, clone, etc etc etc.
strain I have was cloned approx 20 times by the time I got a few. I've cloned this strain approx 15 times.
Haven't noticed any change in grows or quality yet. (Unless my man made errors).

Just curious.

Can anyone out there in 420 land answer these?

How many times can you clone a specific strain?
Does the strain become weaker or genetics change the more you clone?

1) As many times as you are successful at rooting the clones.

2) No. However it should be noted that changes in environment do affect how a genotype is expressed phenotypically. Street talk...if you take a clone as a mother and grow it at your buddies place, with different nutes, lights etc, then do several generations of clones from it, expect some slightly different results (smells, density, flavor) than what you are producing.

:thumb:

The GENETICS don't change, but if you clone ten plants off a mother, you will notice slight differences between them. Two or three will look a little more sativa-ish, two or three will look a little more indica-ish, one will be what I call an alpha female - big, strong. One will be weak, spindly and unhappy.

When doing a perpetual grow, I clone only off of the alpha females; making the strain stronger with each generation.

Think of it this way. It's not like making a copy of a copy of a copy of a picture -- where the picture gets distorted with each copy. Plants are not pictures. You get the same exact genetic markers with each clone, but they may not be exactly the same. Kind of like a litter of puppies - all the same exact genetic material, but they are different colors, sizes, personalities.

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom