Clones dieing

74firebird

i have my clones under a humidity dome,using a heating pad and everything is getting roots!but when i put them in dirt under my t-5 they dry out and die,what could the problem be?thanks in advance.

harden them off?
some strains need much attention changing from the dome to out in the room. you almost have to force them to use the roots to absorb the neuts. suttle things not noticed can be a detriment to the clones. id try and put them under some kinda dome. mist them with fine spray, not dripping. do they still have access to the heating blanket?
try and mimic the dome but not all of its features. a dome yes but with o2 getting in to a slight degree and then increace that o2 untill you can remove the dome.
peace

dont go over board with trying! my experience its not always good.
baby steps.
clone chamber made it possible for the clone to absorb through the leaf, now it need to swap to the root system. sounds easy, yea right is what i said the first time. how bad r they?

they all are fine in my dome,but when i put them in dirt under my t-5 after watering,they are brittle brown and dry the next day.the air in my basement is dry reading 40%,i dont have problems cloning in spring and summer.i just made a bubble cloner so we will see if that helps.my mother plants are doing well,so thought that maybe from misting that my plants couldnt convert to using there roots.

whats the root mass look like at the time of planting? brilliant white? youve done this before, did you change any other aspects of your reg. way of doing the planting, ie different soil or what not?
have you ever tried incorperating super thrive into the watering. its a natural vita-b. i have very little problems with shock, diesease ect.
put one in the dome again, when and if it comes back take it out for only hrs at a time. when you notice no or little wilt after being out, leave it out longer and watch it close. how much air movement is in the room. very little to none at first!
sorry the kush is a bust. how long you been growing. ive been doing this for at least 10-12 yrs. i still learn more every grow! i hope to till the day i enter the next phase in life!
peace

this is my second grow,the only difference i can pen point is last year i took my clones in spring,this year in winter,im thinking it has to do with air dryness.

no fans at first
not to much light either keep them away at first. lower them gradually
how r they?
wish you were close i have all females and just hate to throw them out.
ive no choice though. they r beauties. only a foot tall and a bush with 1/2 to 5/8 inch trunks at 31 days!
unable to post a pic. ??

Greets all.
I had a problem with clones laying down dried out after using the dome method.
Once rooted in my clone box (14 days) I removed the dome periodically extending the time as I went, also switched the light (T5) to 18/6 letting the roots relax for the 6. We have since switched to Clone Bucket.
Once I got the clones to stand without the dome then trans planted into TGA SubCools soil mixtures @ Ph 5.8/6.0
RH is 65% with a 78°..
We now have 5 clone mothers from our BK33, getting ready to clone our NL5's for mothers...
Been producing since 1968 gorilla and early 90's in closet.

420 all:smokin:

thats how to harden them off!
great explination. brain injury interfears at time and i just can not get it out. my point.
peace

boomer,thanks for the advise!but so far i am doing much better! i made a bubble cloner and i get roots in about 6 days and put them in cups,so far they are doing lovely,thanks also for the great info camaro!every bit helps!

Back
Top Bottom