Clones

blk92mustang

Hi, I took a cutting off the top of my plant from the main stalk. I cut about 5 inches down, I trimmed off one set of main leaves and dipped in it some clonex and putting in my soil grow medium. I used some foxfarm ocean forest mix. I have had my clone under 4 cfl lights for about 9 days so far. The cutting is perked up and the leaves are not dropping at all . Some of the smaller center leaves are greenish-yellow but seem fine. I just wanted to check if everything seems ok and my clone is rooting as as normal. I mist the plant a couple of times of days. I took this cutting off a outdoor plant to find the sex. Thanks for everyones help.

My clone is doing well. It has rooted and now growing more leaves.

Sounds like you did everything right. Do you have the lights on 12/12 to get it to flower? If so you should see flowers by now and know what sex it is. If it starts to flower and it's a girl you'ld like to keep flip the lights back to 24/0 to get it back to veg and grow it until you want to flower it.

Cheers

I grew it for a few more weeks once it rooted. I turned the lights to 12/12 once it was about 5-6 inches tall to find out the sex. It turned out to be a female. I have since planted it in a bigger pot and moved it outside for the rest of the summer. We'll see how things turn out this fall. The seeds were from some regs, so hopefully it's still decent weed.

How old are your clones? It is possible they are still young and fragile. The 150w hps light may be to much for them at this point. Also how far away is the light from the clones? If it is to close that may be causing the problem.

Also when clones are young I have heard it is best to mist the leaves periodicly to keep moisture in the leaves while it's starting to root. If anything I suggest you keep the clones under the cfl's until they start producing more foilage then move them under the stronger light source. Hope I've helped a little. Take care

Back
Top Bottom