Cloning from an f1 mother

Clone do not have that hybrid vigor, you only get that from a f1 seed.
A plant that grows from a f1 seed will be about 25% bigger than a cloned plant.

POKINSMOT said:
i feel like i have to ask why??
Yea,really.I would also like to know why the few clones I have grown outdoors never grew over 3 ft tall.I wonder if that falls under the same question you posed??!!

maybe you dont have enough season for that strain...
i ve cloned from the f1 so why is'nt the vigor passed on ?????
THE CLONE IS AN EXACT REPLICA IT HAS ALL THE SAME DNA....
WHY WOULD IT LOSE THIS TRAIT???
i feel like a kid asking WHY... WHY ...WHY....
but i gotta know..ya know...

hybrid vigor is passed on by seed only. Its mothernature's way of trying to bring a new strain to life. This hybrid vigor we talk about in F1 plants only has the vigor for a short time which is the normal life cycle of a plant.
I would need to do more research to be able to get more detailed on it. I mostly read about this in books and your the first person to ask me why.

thanks for the breif ..... i've noticed this as well but thought the slowed growth rate was due to the cycle changing to flowering and energy being channeld to trich production........

i have beans that are the first generation AFTER being bred into themselves through hermaphrididicism........ thier growth rate is completely incredible....
i have a mother thats been veggin' for a year n have to throw away clone material because i cont facilitate all she produces.....
i have cloned another mother from, her n it too is going like crazy, this is why i feel like i have to ask this ?.....
thanx for the honesty n not trying to fill me full of shit .... that really is cool.....

never really does untill about 7 to 11 generations out. you just get used to it. thats all. and anyway f1s are not stable seed. you will get plants all over the place. if ya find a good one by all means clone it. all f1 are generally way better then the parents it is the traits you want that make it fun. getting a stable plant where all or most of the seed gives you pretty even plants takes alot of work. just find your best f1 and keep her alive and clone from her. if ya find another strain cross into her for a f1 hybred. and look for a better plant from them. picking males is the trick. it is male to female find your best male then wait for your best female then seed the crap out of her. but cloneing. well some strains are hard most are not. and autos really hard best to seed them .with a indica male. sativas dont cross well into rudys. it is a crap shoot with autos if doing them with sativas. let the industry work that out. but indys to rudys way good results.

Back
Top Bottom