Cloning

Yeah, I use a Magnifying glass to see where to cut...I have trimmed the lower portion of the Ladies without incident so far..Despite my less than perfect, 69yr old eyes!

Sweet if it wont affect my first off yield ill take a couple clones ill do tonight and post before and after shots to see if i did it right :)

Ahh ye so im still pretty confused as to what i can use to actually make a clone all the youtube vids cut off at growth stem can i use a shade leaf or something like that to clone with? and that does look pretty sweat i hope to make something like that when i get this all figured out :)

420-magazine-mobile1126288546.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1988985827.jpg
From clone to one gallon pot for now!...✌️

Pretty sweet isn't it..It's free feminized plants..no seed cost. Don't expect anything major for at least a week or so..avoid checking for roots, especially in the light..Don't forget to lightly mist the new cuttings or have them under a humidity dome..that's the only way they can feed for now! Hope we all helped...:)

Pretty sweet isn't it..It's free feminized plants..no seed cost. Don't expect anything major for at least a week or so..avoid checking for roots, especially in the light..Don't forget to lightly mist the new cuttings or have them under a humidity dome..that's the only way they can feed for now! Hope we all helped...:)

Buzzer777 thanks and I hear ya free for sure.
And I do have it with a humidifier going for sure. Just a little cal-mag and r/o water for mist. A little mammoth p and it loves it.
1-2 weeks for a full blown veg starts!....✌️

i stuffed up my first clone from when i topped my plant and checked for roots :/ silly me oh well i got a humidity dome and all that ready and cheers @BudBoy2 they look nice :)

I dabbed the end into some cloning rooting crap and then stuck it in some fresh soil in a little red cup and also trimmed leaves but didnt take into account my little humidity dome is too small for the cuttings what do we think guys they gunna make it xD

this is the cut i made
this is the clone
and this is where i cut it from
I dabbed the end into some cloning rooting crap and then stuck it in some fresh soil in a little red cup and also trimmed leaves but didnt take into account my little humidity dome is too small for the cuttings what do we think guys they gunna make it

Quick recap on the clones they have drooped over and look very sad hopefully they get better by the morning

Quick recap on the clones they have drooped over and look very sad hopefully they get better by the morning

I would let them dry out a little bit to see what they do. And keep a light on them. I don't use the box like you said there was no room.
I just put a light on them and a small fan to circulate. I also have a small humidifier going. Try it bro nothing to loose. Just a learning curve. Here are some clones I have without the doom. Good luck!
420-magazine-mobile951819963.jpg
420-magazine-mobile587075769.jpg

I would let them dry out a little bit to see what they do. And keep a light on them. I don't use the box like you said there was no room.
I just put a light on them and a small fan to circulate. I also have a small humidifier going. Try it bro nothing to loose. Just a learning curve. Here are some clones I have without the doom. Good luck!
420-magazine-mobile951819963.jpg
420-magazine-mobile587075769.jpg
dam iv jsut made a box and used the spray bottle they still not looking happy a day later when should i notice them coming right? after how many days and they are blue berry strain are they hard to clone?

dam iv jsut made a box and used the spray bottle they still not looking happy a day later when should i notice them coming right? after how many days and they are blue berry strain are they hard to clone?

Hey there dizzy, you might want to take another one if you can. They should perk up in a day or so as mine did. The strain really shouldn't matter for cloning.
Lots of ifs to bro, like how you cut them do you split the middle at bottom of clone and carefully scrap it before you put clonex on them.
Also you go to remember that a clone already has its nutes up in it juicy. So you don't want to drown them. I don't know if you use a cube? I use jiffy cubes and just get them moist and stick clone in there. Just water when needed.
You'll get it, process of learning, Good Luck!

I've found the humidity dome is usually needed when the cutting is rooting in a media. It's not always nessessary unless your humidity is very low to begin with but it will help with the speed of rooting. With an areoponic cloner I have not found the humidity dome to be nessessary.
What I have found to be the most important factor in cloning and speed of rooting is where the cutting is taken from the plant. I've found the newest growth to be the fastest rooting because it is the most vigorous. Also cutting any larger fan leaves in half from the end helps too because they are not need at full size to produce roots and at full size can require more from the plant to maintain.
I also stopped using rooting gels or powders years ago and have had much faster rooting with 100% success. I do still always take a couple more clones than needed and cull out the slowest ones and keep the most vigorous ones.
Areoponic cloning for me has proven to be the quickest and then you can plant the clone in any media. For any that price is a factor back about 4 years ago I posted a DIY areoponic cloner that only costs $10-20 to make you don't already have an aquarium pump.
I used my girlfriends flipflop, a tupaware container and a small cheap aquarium pump.
I'll post a couple pics of clones I took last week. They rooted in 5-6 days and were ready to plant in 9 days with a nice healthy root system and they were already growing. No rooting gel.

I make 100-200 clones a year, I only lose 1-2 a year. I use nothing but a humidity done rock wool cubes an ph water. Once roots start I put in soil move to the bigger box for a week or so an away they go. I don't use any cloning aids at all. I do notice sativas take much much faster then indica a however. Sativa I get roots 1-2 weeks coming out of rockwool, indicas takes 1-2 weeks longer

Hey guys quick update the clones died i think i know why cause i snipped the shade leafs all the way off so iv start 2 more clones and will post pics soon! cheers everyone for the help bloody awesome!

Back
Top Bottom