Closed room enough CO2?

Monty Verde

My friend has built a room inside the room which he then has 2 small rooms inside. (Veg and bloom / flower)

the room is soundproofed and completely screened.

To get air in, he takes air In from outside via vent-hole and then a fan blowing out of the room via a carbon filter.

The problem with this system is that there is always very high humidity outside where he lives.
so the room gets high rf (80-90%).
to solve this he has a 600w dehumidifier. It works okay, but it has to run most of the hours.
Due to this electricity consumption goes up too much that the landlord has questioned consumption. now he wants to keep the consumption at minimum.

Is there enough co2 for 20 plants if the room is closed? thus if he closes the valve for fresh air.
The only air that comes in is when he opens the door twice a day to go in and then out. the door is never open due to odor.

The idea is that if you do not take in moist air, the dehumidifier needs to work less and the electricity consumption decreases considerably.
But he also wants the plants to be as healthy as possible.

The best would be to make an (a?) air-intake from the other room as that air is dry and also have perfekt temp. But the the soundproof Wall wouldnt be intact anymore. :/

We talked about building a sound-trap but they never get good enough.

Your thoughts about this?

I'd focus on reducing the noise for the equipment to a level a sound trap can handle...
If he's using LED lighting - switch to passively cooled fixtures.
Use anti-vibration mounts for all fans. This can be as simple as a neoprene layer under them. Put the fans in an insulated box to reduce vibrations in the air. Use duct silencers and oversized ducting to reduce the noise from air flow. Mount the ducting with a layer of neoprene to reduce vibration transmitted to the frame of the structure. Combined with a sound trap, these measures should reduce the noise to a barely noticeable level.

Thanx.
You think the same as me. The solution is to use dry air instead(?)

About the things you said;
He has already Done all those things. The small growrooms are well insulated and all fans etc are in there. And silencer etc.
passiv lights etc.
the only thing that give a lot of sound is the dehumidfier. And that needs to be ’outside’ in the ’big room’

We dont think that a soundtrap can handle that noise(?)
But then again if he use dry air maybe he wont be needing the dehumidfier or could switch to a smaller one(?)

Stealth is no 1

Yes. I'd also put the dehumidifier out in the room you draw the air from. Hide it in plain sight ;). It will only come on when needed in that room, which should be much less than in the grow spaces.

Plants need a fair amount of fresh air exchange and air movement for proper transpiration.

A smaller dehumidifier in the room the air is drawing from.

Basically AC/dehumidifiers are working the best efficiency when they run most of the time. Turning on and off is not efficient.

RH that high will eventually become a problem. You need to keep air moving in that environment.

Back
Top Bottom