Closet Growing - Air Flow

SpaceGrinders

I am thinking of starting a little show in my closet. It has a door, which I plan on putting some plastic poly, to sheild the light, but it has no air flow. I've been reading some posts here online and come to you guys for advise.

1. The space i am dealing with is approx: 4x4x10 (standard jacket closet)
2. No air flow. I could cut a hole at the top, but dont want to spend money on a vent fan. I could go out and by a regular fan and let the heat escape that way.
3. I can get a ballast, but it's a 1000 HPS, which i think is too big and will get too hot for such a small space.

Can you guys recommend: air flow suggestions, and HPS suggestions.
As well ... if you have links to any previous threads, i am more then willling to check em out as well. Thanks. :Rasta:

The space you have is excellant for growing except for the ventilation.I run a 1000w hps in almost the same size room but I also have a very good air vent system.You might have to go with flouros to keep the heat down.Let us know what you want to do and I will try to help or the other growers here will too.

I am not going to grow with florescents, they dont produce great buds.
I am an experienced indoor grower (with 10 + lights) and have never done a show in suckma small space before. That being said, I know I need air flow (ie. one fan blowing on the plants insde, and one fan to suck the hot air out) but I;m not sure about the wattage of the lights I could get away with. I;ve seen many pics of a closet show but am worried about the heat. Especially with a 1000 HPS light.

Dude, even with a 400w its still going to be pretty warm.
The only thing I can suggest is set a light up and see what the temp reaches to.A oscillating fan can only do so much.
By the way I wasn't trying to diss your growing abilities just offering a little advice but you know your grow space better than me.
If you need pics of my grow room you can go into the gallery in type a search with my name.

By the way I wasn't trying to diss your growing abilities just offering a little advice but you know your grow space better than me.

I never took it as a diss man. It's all good. Just needed some info. I'll take some pics and you guys let me know what you think and shoot some ideas.

If you need pics of my grow room you can go into the gallery in type a search with my name.

I tried to look for it but couldn;t find it ??? Maybe I was too :hmmmm:

Why don't you just make a cool tube for your HPS? It will keep it cool enough with that, then you can just have a inline fan, like 140 cfm, and just have the exhaust blow out under the doors? Or have a tube running into the room or out a window or something?

Yeah I could do that ... i was thinkning of just having the exhaust suck from right beside or above the light ... not making it fully inclosed but realtively. And having the ballast outside the room, and as well , have an intake from my room (which is behind the closet) into the grow area ...

I think it would be fine dude, if it gets too hot then worry about it then. But you should be good.

Even if it does get too hot, just get a bigger fan.

Good luck bro

if there is a ceiling fan in the room, just keep the closet door open during the day/light cycle and turn on the ceiling fan so it circulates the air all around, instead of keeping the air trapped in the closet, for it to get hot.
:peace: :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom