Closet Growing

dubbers

Ok I have a standard bedroom closet which is 8 feet in height ... and i would say its a 4x3 closet so 12 square feet. I am going to be using an aeroponic system.

I have 2 questions.

1) When relating the amount of light to square feet.. does that mean that I can stuff in as many plants as possible and they will all get the same amount of light. What I'm trying to say is if I had 2 plants in a 12 square foot area, will the rest of that space that I could of filled with plants be a waste or will those 2 plants get extra light? Also can a plant get TOO much light?

2) Obviously closet space is pretty small so I'm struggling with another problem. Proper ventilation. If I have a 400 watt light in a small area like that, How can I keep the area from becoming a fire hazard? The closet does have a door.

Thanks.

Ok I have a standard bedroom closet which is 8 feet in height ... and i would say its a 4x3 closet so 12 square feet. I am going to be using an aeroponic system.

I have 2 questions.

1) When relating the amount of light to square feet.. does that mean that I can stuff in as many plants as possible and they will all get the same amount of light. What I'm trying to say is if I had 2 plants in a 12 square foot area, will the rest of that space that I could of filled with plants be a waste or will those 2 plants get extra light? Also can a plant get TOO much light?

2) Obviously closet space is pretty small so I'm struggling with another problem. Proper ventilation. If I have a 400 watt light in a small area like that, How can I keep the area from becoming a fire hazard? The closet does have a door.

Thanks.

check out my journal from the 1st page, I have the same set up as you only difference is i have 9 square feet, 400w HID,exhaust fan............ check me out:peacetwo:

I have 2 questions.

Thanks.

It depends on the hood, watts, lighting, and light spread. You potentially can, that's what I've done. If they were all in dixie cups you could do over 100. Best way to make sure you use all the light. And you cannot get to much light, but YOU CAN get too much heat radiating onto the leave canopy.

With a proper 400w system you should be safe, just hang it sturdly from the ceiling and watch your grow, fire extinguisher is always a good idea tho. Keep ventilation with a fan circulating air around the closet, you shouldn't have to have intake and outtake unless your getting over 85 w/o supplemented CO2.

zhummingsig.jpg

Trust your plants to use the light given them. 2 plants will use the light and fill up the space, but it will be easier for a beginner to get more yield out of 4.

You need to extract the air out of the closet with a extraction fan if you can or a floor fan.

Precisely. :slide: Better to keep the odds on your side...

zhummingsig.jpg

Wow good shit fellas..i have 4 ***,afgan kush,blueberry and strawberry cough...one was a lil burnt a leaf or to ones yellow and ones perfect ....400 watt 18 days but im thinking im burning them even though it 18 + inchs away.

Wow good shit fellas..i have 4 ***,afgan kush,blueberry and strawberry cough...one was a lil burnt a leaf or to ones yellow and ones perfect ....400 watt 18 days but im thinking im burning them even though it 18 + inchs away.

It isn't uncommon to get a burn 2ft under the light with a 1000w atleast, i'de probably say as a rule then 20in min for 400w, 22in min for 600w, and 2ft min for 1000w. That's a good rule of thumb an give's everyone something to aim from. Efficiency is key I learned after a couple years, I think it's something we all can approve of. :hippy:

zhummingsig.jpg

Yeah, I can't tell you how many times we'll see pics of people who put their light less than 2 inches from their tops because the light is air-cooled and they think that makes it allright. Those numbers above are good distances to aim for to keep most of the garden in the sweet spot without burning.

And also it's not ever too much light that burns it, it's just the heat the light puts off. You may check temps using different methods for whatever makes sense to you, anything over 84 for a hotspot and thats when I may start to see a burn, I check with a temp gun (for cooking or cars, or this). :smokin: For my T5 Fluorescents I put them as low as 3" from plants.

zhummingsig.jpg

Back
Top Bottom