CN - Pot Head Actvists "Can you hear me now?"

Pinch

Niagara Falls, Ontario - Members of the homegrown Rochester Cannabis Coalition plan to pack a regional cannabis conference in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, today to spark interest in legalizing marijuana.

The coalition was formed in recent months after a similar group disbanded years ago at the Rochester Institute of Technology. This group, again made up largely of RIT students, is focused mainly on efforts to legalize medicinal marijuana, said its president, Dustin Fineout.

"We need to change public opinion about the whole thing," said Fineout, 19, an RIT freshman.

In 1998, RIT denied recognition of the group as a school club. Fineout said the new group, consisting of about a dozen active members, isn't planning to seek school recognition again. It will instead reach out to Monroe County residents.

One of its first efforts will be attending the Cannabis Conference and Protest today. The event is aimed at bringing in activists from Canada and the United States to share information and ideas about legalization. It will be at the Niagara Falls Public Library, 4848 Victoria Ave., Niagara Falls, Ontario.

One of the topics will be about legalizing marijuana for medicinal use in New York, something a handful of states have done. Legislation in New York has stalled.

Matt Mernagh, an organizer of the second annual event, said between 500 and 700 people from western New York and southern Ontario are expected.

Source: Rochester Democrat nd Chroicle
Copyright: Copyright 2005 Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
Website: https://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050416/NEWS01/504160316/1002/NEWS

Hot damn, I live in Rochester. I'd have gone had I known about this earlier.

ScottyBThatIsMe said:
Hot damn, I live in Rochester. I'd have gone had I known about this earlier.

You should have :) Well anyhow I am Dustin Fineout, president of the newly re-organized Rochester Cannabis Coalition. Please, I am very interested to meet anyone who is interested in becoming involved and supporting RCC. Our website is rochester.norml.net. You can e-mail me at thereverendeg@gmail.com or you can e-mail RCC at rochestercannabis@gmail.com. The event was really awesome. There is a brief account (what I have gotten around to putting down so far) of the conference and the protest. Suprisingly a lot of people did make it out from Rochester. It's funny, but I actually didn't know many of them - I met them there. I suppose the local advertising did work at least somewhat! Anyhow RCC is really going to kick things off in the community soon, working to make a bigger name for ourselves and really build membership. We want to have a harvest fest style event in the fall here in Rochester, and we're going to invite everyone from the Hwy420 Project and Cannabis Canada, Buffalo Cannabis Compassion, NY Compassionate Care, NORML New Palz, and others to join us here in Rochester for a gala joint-activism event.

Anyway, hope to hear from you soon man!

thereverendeg said:
You should have :) Well anyhow I am Dustin Fineout, president of the newly re-organized Rochester Cannabis Coalition. Please, I am very interested to meet anyone who is interested in becoming involved and supporting RCC. Our website is rochester.norml.net. You can e-mail me at thereverendeg@gmail.com or you can e-mail RCC at rochestercannabis@gmail.com. The event was really awesome. There is a brief account (what I have gotten around to putting down so far) of the conference and the protest. Suprisingly a lot of people did make it out from Rochester. It's funny, but I actually didn't know many of them - I met them there. I suppose the local advertising did work at least somewhat! Anyhow RCC is really going to kick things off in the community soon, working to make a bigger name for ourselves and really build membership. We want to have a harvest fest style event in the fall here in Rochester, and we're going to invite everyone from the Hwy420 Project and Cannabis Canada, Buffalo Cannabis Compassion, NY Compassionate Care, NORML New Palz, and others to join us here in Rochester for a gala joint-activism event.

Anyway, hope to hear from you soon man!

Mr. F., congratulations on the success of you "420 to Niagara". Between google and yahoo you probably had 4 stories posted. Keep 420times posted on your events. We have a bunch of members in the East. :peace: Pinch (IMC)

Back
Top Bottom