CO2 experience? Advice needed

Mr Bungle

420 Member
Hey all! First time post apart from my introduction.

We very recently added co2 to our sealed room using a proleaf co2 monitor and straight co2 tank. There is very little information on co2 out there yet alone using the proleaf. We have it working, but it's not optimal, would dearly appreciate anyone experienced in co2 to offer some guidance :) if not, hey, I'm the new resident expert lol

Hey, welcome. In my last run i added co2 in my 5x5 until the second week of flowering. i would go around the basics just to be sure .Note that once CO2 is above 3,000 ppm it starts to become dangerous for humans to breathe, and at 5,000 ppm it is considered lethal. For your room now-

Most gardeners have found that when you are producing high-quality light in your garden, a CO2 level of 1,200 to 2,000 ppm will increase the growth of your plant significantly. Additionally, when using CO2 your plants can handle a higher average temperature – around 85-90 degrees Fahrenheit. Be aware that if your CO2 levels are too high for the amount of light or heat generated in the garden, you will see your plants become damaged from excess CO2.

The CO2 emitted should ideally fall from above the garden, as CO2 is heavy and will sink to the ground. Using fans will help keep the CO2 moving around the room and make it available for more plants to absorb. CO2 should only be emitted during the time that the lights are on; plants photosynthesize while it is dark out.

My personal approach on the matter was for CO2 around 1000
with temps around 28c-29c using an 600 hps bulb with reflector
one fan passing air from CO2 to the room and another opposite direction directly upon the canopy for even dispersion.
The lamp distance from the plant was always kept to a minimun u can use ur palm to identify that except if u are using led and u have to find a chart for ppfd/co2 ! Happy growing.

Link to OSHA and co2 occupancy levels.

Your monitor should control the levels for you. Set it and forget it. If it's a controller not a monitor you'll have to do some math and testing.

While co2 is indeed heavier than air and should be dispersed from above as mentioned. That does not however mean that co2 doesn't mix with the rest of your air, it's not that heavy, if it was, every basement and hole in the ground would be full of co2. They aren't.

900ppfd and 900ppm is a good place to start.

Back
Top Bottom