CO2 advice needed

Bimmer85

I've got a tank of CO2 and have access to fill them easily. What I want to do is to make a big O using 1/4" black vinyle tubing I have (from pneumatic controls for those who are familiar) connet both ends to a 1/4" brass T. Then I'm make lots of tiny holes using a thumb tac. Hang it above the plants, connect it to a line running to my CO2 tank and run it with a very low (monitoring plants first few times, then leaving them on their own) flow half and hour in the morning and half and hour in the evening. I've tested this in water with air and it worked great so I'm assuming it will be good for my purposes. I've seen very similar hose kits for sale at my shop which gave my the idea of doing this.My question is how close to the plants should it be. I don't have $ now for a timer/dispenser for exactness so ill be guesstimating and doing it by hand and see how they react. How does this sound??? Suggestions or advice?? :helpsmilie:

advise.. turn your fans off at time of application. put rings higher than the plants.. make ring about half the size of the plant

Then it's likely costing around $10 each refill, depending on the size of the room you may be going through them quickly with this method.

You could purchase a regulator + timer for what it will cost to refill the tank around 15 times (of course that doesn't include any time or effort you use to get it).

Just something to think about, if you haven't already. If you don't fly threw them in terms of refills, then yeah I think you'll be good.

Back
Top Bottom