CO2 kit mushrooms

Cant see why not. I dont have a lot of experience with them but i know all my old head friends used to grow certain edible mushrooms in with their plants and swore by it and since those bags are mycelium bags... Just dont know what levels one of those kits would produce.

Cant see why not. I dont have a lot of experience with them but i know all my old head friends used to grow certain edible mushrooms in with their plants and swore by it and since those bags are mycelium bags... Just dont know what levels one of those kits would produce.

I use Exhale CO2 bags. From what I understand, mycelium that actually matures into mushrooms not only produce less CO2, but stop producing it rather quickly. The mycelium in the bag is advertised to be a type that does not..or has difficulty producing a mushroom. You may want to research and double check, but if you call Exhale...which I did, they will be able to give you great info. I use the bag plus supplement with a vinegar and baking soda co2 supply. works great, the leaves end up huge but I stop about a week into flower. I have also read that CO2 too late in development will hinder ripening.

hope this was helpful.

Hi Laz,

I was told that one of the regular size bags could triple the ppm overnight in a 4x4 tent with 4 plants. I think that is probably true until they all start to get a few stages tall. Then the rapid growth slows a bit if I don't add a little extra.

My area is 2x4x6 so do you think one of the large bags would be ok pretty much through veg? It would be easy to close my system and the way my tent sucks in when i seal it up, it seems as air tight as fabric and zippers would allow.

My area is 2x4x6 so do you think one of the large bags would be ok pretty much through veg? It would be easy to close my system and the way my tent sucks in when i seal it up, it seems as air tight as fabric and zippers would allow.

It should be plenty. They have a few different sizes, as well. I closed my system then ran my extractor in a loop that takes the air out of the tent, in the duct, then back into the tent. I works great in the winter when I have a hard time controlling temp and humidity. I added a few pics. One of the bag I am using, then the others show the extractor on the inside, then the ducting outside, then the end where it comes back into the tent. I set the time on the extractor to run 30minutes on, 1 hour off, 30 on 1hour off etc. It does not run when the lights are off.

IMG_035853.JPG
IMG_035951.JPG
IMG_036061.JPG
IMG_036151.JPG

Guys I will tell you from experience that I went all of these routes at one time or another .. Save your money. Over the years we went from growing in a open room, to a small tent and then to a larger tent, and now have been in a dedicated room that is set up properly to grow with CO2 and yes it is beneficial when everything is dialed in.You need a controller and a sealed room to be successful if the room is not sealed you can blow through a 20lb. tank overnight yep been there and almost killed off all the plants. A controller will dispense the required amount of co2 and keep it at that level during daylight hours as co2 does nothing during lights off.. I would like to add that we grow in a sealed room that is 10 feet x 9 feet with an 8 foot ceiling. We were getting large co2 ppm on our Sentinel co2 controller we found that the Earthworm castings { and we use a lot } were making Co2.. We have the controller set at 1650 ppm of co2. Between the room being sealed and the amount of earthworm castings used we are still on the same 20 lb co2 cylinder into week 5 of flower.Hope this helps ...

Guys I will tell you from experience that I went all of these routes at one time or another .. Save your money. Over the years we went from growing in a open room, to a small tent and then to a larger tent, and now have been in a dedicated room that is set up properly to grow with CO2 and yes it is beneficial when everything is dialed in.You need a controller and a sealed room to be successful if the room is not sealed you can blow through a 20lb. tank overnight yep been there and almost killed off all the plants. A controller will dispense the required amount of co2 and keep it at that level during daylight hours as co2 does nothing during lights off.. I would like to add that we grow in a sealed room that is 10 feet x 9 feet with an 8 foot ceiling. We were getting large co2 ppm on our Sentinel co2 controller we found that the Earthworm castings { and we use a lot } were making Co2.. We have the controller set at 1650 ppm of co2. Between the room being sealed and the amount of earthworm castings used we are still on the same 20 lb co2 cylinder into week 5 of flower.Hope this helps ...

Do you know if it is true, or not true, that CO2 inhibits ethylene gas production and slows ripening? I stop using my CO2 when stretch stops and allow them to flower with regular room level CO2. Once they are flowering, I prefer the lower humidity and cooler nights. I only need CO2 for 2 runs per year...the ones in the winter. I will no longer grow in the summer, but fall and spring are quite easy to control the environment.

Back
Top Bottom