Cold weather harvest

Misled

I am worried about my girls, the temperature just started getting cold at night, down to the 40's and highs about 65 for the past few days. They are close to harvest but no amber tricomes or hairs. I don't' want to pull them before they are at peak but don't want them to go dormant either. I built them a shelter to protect from the Oregon rains so they won't mold but not sure where to go from here.
Any advice for this first timer would be welcome.
The one is getting some beautiful purple leaves though, hope that is good
Thanks
They are in the ground, not in pots or I would bring them inside.

Hey Misled,I would keep a close lookout for mold and bud rot.

I had 2 girls going outside this year and harvested 1 due to finding a small spot of bud rot.

My temps. here were not as extreme as yours so be vigilant.

It doesnt take bud rot or mold very long to grab hold!I hear bud rot will devastate a whole plant quick.:thumb:

Yep, I'd be more concerned about mold than about cold temps.

Thank you for the replies.
Luckily it isn't going to get cold enough to freeze before they are "ripe".
I check them 2-3 times a day for bugs and mold. Looking good so far.
They don't get much rain directly on them and I'm hoping the breeze is helping to keep them dry.
I would seriously go out with a blow dryer if the sun or heat hits them after a rain just to keep them from molding, lol, I have seen how fast it can attack my cherries in the spring and Oregon is famous for mold.
Temps this week from 40 to 65, amber hairs at 15%, amber trichomes at 5% but all are milky I think.
Fingers crossed
Thanks again !

Back
Top Bottom