Colorado Medical Marijuana Cooperative or Care-giver information requests

I suffer from spinal tumor pain...benign, but horrid pain, so Unfortunately Im on the end of KS that is 400 miles from CO, even though the MMJ rep in Denver told me how I could "move there" which really meant going to Denver, getting a month long public transit card....thats all they require for proof of residency...amazing, eh? After that I would need to see one of their Docs for a script, and then see a supplier in their COOP. 2 problems....its 400 miles, plus a week or more of hotel...2nd problem...its still illegal to bring it back. Wish Kansas Would become enlightened, but as I say, you can pee in the ocean for a week, and it still wont turn yellow.

NOW...on topic...sorry bout my informational rant. I am about to pay 400 for an OZ of Diesel. That would be normal for hi-premium herb, you can get schwag for less than half that, just depends on what quality you want, and/or what is available at a given time. In the case of ultra-premium strains, that is normally sold by the gm, unless youre getting a qp.

hamsterdam: I saw your post. where in KS are you? I have a farm there, I live in Colorado though. ARe you anywhere near Dodge City?pm me. I can get you alot of info for Colorado mmj card as well.

good thread
i have real issues with the prices that despensaries charge.
i sell my afgooey for 10 bucks a gram to my patients all of the other varieties fall into the great but not super great catagory i charge a flat 100 a month for.
the despens places are selling gooey for 600 an oz yes 600 in the springs.
the way i do it is I charge my patients 100 bucks a month for all the smoke or edibles the need. imo thats a fair good karma price to charge, growing enough pot to keep 6 sick people supplied plus making edibles is a lot of work though and all of my fellow caretakers say i should charge 300 an oz. nah i will opt for good karma and be a lil poor.
the reason i do this is to help sick people and thats realy it,the changes i see in my people after a period of time on the right herb is just remarkable.
one of my patients went from wearing 2 fentenyl patches and eating 100 percs a month to no patches and just the ocasional percaset. thats why i do it.

u need 2 move to Manito Springs!

good thread
i have real issues with the prices that despensaries charge.
i sell my afgooey for 10 bucks a gram to my patients all of the other varieties fall into the great but not super great catagory i charge a flat 100 a month for.
the despens places are selling gooey for 600 an oz yes 600 in the springs.
the way i do it is I charge my patients 100 bucks a month for all the smoke or edibles the need. imo thats a fair good karma price to charge, growing enough pot to keep 6 sick people supplied plus making edibles is a lot of work though and all of my fellow caretakers say i should charge 300 an oz. nah i will opt for good karma and be a lil poor.
the reason i do this is to help sick people and thats realy it,the changes i see in my people after a period of time on the right herb is just remarkable.
one of my patients went from wearing 2 fentenyl patches and eating 100 percs a month to no patches and just the ocasional percaset. thats why i do it.

Re: Important, mmj researcher

I can give you some info, but I can't contact via PM until I post 25 times. I'm working on getting those 24 more posts now! thanks.

Tintala, I am near Lawrence, KS, so Im on the other end of KS from CO. I guess I will have to post 23 more times before I can send private mail on here. I do thank you for reaching out. I am definitely in need, it takes the edge off the pain that opiates just dont. If anyone has any input or advice.

Thanks again, to you and everyone,

dave

Hamsterdam Dave: I'm near Lawrence also. Let's be creative! /s/ Sistah Natty Nesta Dread I aka "Ba" Marley!

HEY GUYS, a dispensary is opening up in BOULDER soon. My caregiver, and his partner will be opening it up probably within th next month or so. The location has been confirmed, 28th stret and Aurora, this is where those hotels are and a deli.It's not like in the open but a little hidden, small but will be nice. He will have a waiting room with a VAP and tv, so he is working his balls off to make it happen. His ounces go for 325 usually for organic meds of all varieties, but can reach upwards to 400 for some. His blueberry is outstanding and apparantly ZIGGY MARLEY likes it as well.

Please excuse the multiple postings, but I have to post 25 times before I can leave a PM! Anyway, I'm moving to Denver & would like to get signed up as a patient & work or partner with a caregiver, if that's possible to do. First, I'd just like to talk with good caregivers and/or coop owners/operators about what's involved in becoming a patient. I live in KS/MO right now, but moving to CO soon as I get this figured out. I'm a hard worker, have experience growing (agriculture degree), practiced law for 12 years & now work as writer & graphic/web designer. I currently take narcotic pain pills but I hate them b/c I know 2 puffs a day of mmj would stop the pain and allow me to work. Neither of which the pain pills do. They barely ease the pain, and I sure can't work all doped up on drugs.

Thank you very much! /s/ "Ba" Marley

Hi Mike. If you typed those last messages, you're able to grow your own buddy. If time is more the issue for you, you might try soil 1st. In my experience you don't have to tend to them for 2-3 days at a time if you have them in 12" pots or bigger. I can hook you up with Fruity Juice or Green Crack clones free, and I'm in the Nth denver area(136th &I-25). There is no reason for you to pay any of the prices charged for the MMJ, unless you can afford to pay. There's a lot of smart people growing some incredibly tasty bud in the Mile high city now. I appreciate the efforts these cats put forth and the bud brings the prices asked without much hesitation. I'm always happy to taste the morsels my friends bring, but I have never paid $100 for a 4th in my life. I've just been blessed to have the friends I do and the knowledge to teach them how easy it is to "take care" of themselves. Most of the time, you'll have enough MMJ to help others as well. You'll never have to worry about what is a fair price. Let me know.

I live in Colorado Springs and I have an amazing caregiver, he will only give you 1 oz. At a time but its free, and a couple weeks later or whatever and you need more he will do you another, he is new to caregiving but not new to growing at all, I'm in the process of changing him to my caregiver to get him legal, and I will also be caregiving along side of him here shortly, growing is just a passion of his, he only is looking for 4 patients but his prodouct is very good, and as soon as he's legal I will be getting him more strains from my garden as well as from other growers, but like I said he's new to caregiving but not to growing.

Hello All,

I would like to say this is a really neat place. I am going to see the doctor tomorrow for a middle to low back pain.
Who has the best dispensary selections and price?

Thanks for the support!
JC

Hello All,

I would like to say this is a really neat place. I am going to see the doctor tomorrow for a middle to low back pain.
Who has the best dispensary selections and price?

Thanks for the support!
JC

A good dispensary is a nice thing to find, but thus far, I haven't noticed that big of a difference in med selection or quality at the 4 dispensaries I've been to here in CO.

If your dispensary has at least 8 strains available for sale at any one time, its selection is good enough.

If your dispensary offers prices at or below normal street prices, it's good enough.

If your dispensary offers at least one kind of hash, it's good enough.

If your dispensary offers at least 3 kinds of edibles, they're good enough.

If your dispensary offers you free meds for signing them up to be your primary caregiver, that's good enough...

BUT

IF YOU WANT THE BEST DEAL I'VE FOUND, KEEP READING!:

I shopped around for a primary caregiver (everyone should do this) and found one that runs a dispensary. The caregiver I found offered me 2 free ounces of meds each month just for making them my primary. On top of the 2 free ounces each month, they provide a selection of 12-16 strains at all times, and discounts which are astounding... allowing them to sell their meds well below street prices to their patients. (I'm talking about 30% off of $300 ounces).

I was one of the last patients to get this deal (they were building a patient base at the time), but they are still offering 1 free ounce per month for life plus all the discounts to anyone who makes them their primary caregiver.

I dunno if it's ok for me to post the name of the place on this forum, I hope so though, cuz everyone needs this deal.

If anyone knows of a better deal being offered by a primary caregiver to strangers... lemme know!

A good dispensary is a nice thing to find, but thus far, I haven't noticed that big of a difference in med selection or quality at the 4 dispensaries I've been to here in CO.

If your dispensary has at least 8 strains available for sale at any one time, its selection is good enough.

If your dispensary offers prices at or below normal street prices, it's good enough.

If your dispensary offers at least one kind of hash, it's good enough.

If your dispensary offers at least 3 kinds of edibles, they're good enough.

If your dispensary offers you free meds for signing them up to be your primary caregiver, that's good enough...

BUT

IF YOU WANT THE BEST DEAL I'VE FOUND, KEEP READING!:

I shopped around for a primary caregiver (everyone should do this) and found one that runs a dispensary. The caregiver I found offered me 2 free ounces of meds each month just for making them my primary. On top of the 2 free ounces each month, they provide a selection of 12-16 strains at all times, and discounts which are astounding... allowing them to sell their meds well below street prices to their patients. (I'm talking about 30% off of $300 ounces).

I was one of the last patients to get this deal (they were building a patient base at the time), but they are still offering 1 free ounce per month for life plus all the discounts to anyone who makes them their primary caregiver.

I dunno if it's ok for me to post the name of the place on this forum, I hope so though, cuz everyone needs this deal.

If anyone knows of a better deal being offered by a primary caregiver to strangers... lemme know!

Thanks for the information! I have found a dispensary that is close to me. A very nice place and very nice people, but not as good of a deal like you are receiving. Thanks for all the help and the support!:ganjamon:

Hey guys this is RELAX. I just wanted to give a little input regarding the situation of the caregivers that are charging their own patients $300.00 and more for ea. oz.. That is total crap! I have 5 patients and I give each of them a choice of 1 plant that they want and I grow and give it to them for $50.00 per oz. for up to 3 oz. per every 5 months. In return, They are giving me the right to grow up to 6 plants (3-green & 3-flower) ea. This is more than enough in return for me. I believe that their greed will one day catch up with them. This usually does in one way or the other. Search around and I'm sure you will find someone honest and just. Lets keep this a good thing and hope that it last. Take care. RELAX:yummy:

wait a sec, I may have this wrong.... you grow them one plant and charge them 50.00 an ounce for what they yeild off it, plus you keep the remainder of the plants you can grow on their behalf for you? and a limit of three ounces per 5 months seems to equal out to be less than what others offer free each month on top of the fact that you can buy extra (granted, not at 50.00 an ounce) I'm feeling like I must have misunderstood...cause that seems a little off to me....

This is a reply to Jadevixen. This is relax. When you take on the responsibility of growing top quality meds for others, it is not cheap. All of my patients smoke one ounce or less per 6 months (by their choice). This is the biggest reason I set this up this way. I dont know of anyone in this area that gives 1/8 oz especially 1 full oz. of their choice meds away to their patients just to be their caregiver. I also dont know of anyone who sells them 1 full oz. of their choice after that for $50.00. The one thing that a caregiver must really watch out for is a patient looking for freebies to resell. That is not the purpose of caregiving. If I ever caught word of this, I would stop servicing them. On the same note, my patients know that if they need more for their illness, that I would be their for them. I must also make money as well. I cannot afford to give it all away for $50.00. I would be very interested in feedback from anyone with a better system. I welcome all positive feedback. I hope I have made it a little clearer for you. I really do appreciate your time on this. :smokin:

This is a reply to Jadevixen. This is relax. When you take on the responsibility of growing top quality meds for others, it is not cheap. All of my patients smoke one ounce or less per 6 months (by their choice). This is the biggest reason I set this up this way. I dont know of anyone in this area that gives 1/8 oz especially 1 full oz. of their choice meds away to their patients just to be their caregiver. I also dont know of anyone who sells them 1 full oz. of their choice after that for $50.00. The one thing that a caregiver must really watch out for is a patient looking for freebies to resell. That is not the purpose of caregiving. If I ever caught word of this, I would stop servicing them. On the same note, my patients know that if they need more for their illness, that I would be their for them. I must also make money as well. I cannot afford to give it all away for $50.00. I would be very interested in feedback from anyone with a better system. I welcome all positive feedback. I hope I have made it a little clearer for you. I really do appreciate your time on this. :smokin:

I'm surprised that the majority of your patients are able to obtain the medical benefits they need off of such low doses.

I mean, when I look at what it costs to manage your pain with pharmaceuticals and what it costs to buy MMJ... it seems that $10/day isn't too bad... and that this would represent nearly a gram a day even if you got your ounces for $280.

Leaving that analogy behind...
Most dispensaries sell joints which are .7 grams and up... are they thinking that their patients are smoking that same joint for a week?

2 ounces per month is what was determined to be the max purchase weight by any one patient from any one dispensary by the legislature in CO... it seems to me that they would've taken into consideration how much herb was medically beneficial before making this determination.

Further, each patient can legally have up to 6 ounces per month that they grew themselves... are you saying that this shouldn't be legal, or that those patients are all making $ selling weed?

Your deal isn't bad, but I think that it's based off of financial aspects of running a dispensary rather than the realities of how much herb it takes to make your Multiple Sclerosis manageable.

My belief at this time is that the best person to sign up as your caregiver is a grower who doesn't also own a dispensary.

As a side note which touches back to one of my earlier comments:

My caregiver was robbed and I never saw the free ounces... it sucked for both of us.

This a reply to EJBubbles. I'm not sure that I would want the responsibility of caregiving for someone that is in need of 2 to 6 oz. of meds per mo. There are some days that I dont need to take anything at all. If I dont need it, I simply dont use it. This is the responsible method and it also helps keep the tolerance level low. I believe that if someone is using 2 to 6 oz. per month, their health issues are either very extreme or they are using the whole mm thing just to stay high. If you think about all the times you cant smoke it (work, driving etc.), you would have to be home pretty much 24/7 to use 6oz. per mo. I cant even imagine your state of mind on that much mm. I sell only high grade mm (White Widow Max, Super Skunk, Big Bud, Afghani, Lemon Skunk, Mango etc...). The state of Colorado is working on a liabilities law that will hold a caregiver liable for any misuse of mm. Please keep in mind that the state will determine what is a true misuse. I'm sure there will be alot more strict rules coming very soon to 'help the patient' stay safe. LOL. As for the cost of mm to the typical narcotic, vicodin is only $1.20 per pill under my insurance. Alot cheaper than mm. However it will take a serious toll on various parts of your body if used for prolonged periods of time. This is why mm is such a great pain fighting tool. You dont even have to smoke to get that great relief. I choose to drink the teas. Very Awesome!!! As far as the law states about how much a mm patient can possess was determined by the courts on August 6th. It states: any amount that the patient feels is medically necessary. You can find this under: Article XVIII, Section 14 of Colorado's Constitution (Colorado's mm law). The 2 oz. is referring to transporting. The referrence you made about only having 6oz. per mo. per patient that they grow themselves, I'm not sure where you got this info. Please refer to the Article XVIII. There's not a BUD patrol that is going to come to your house to cut off anything over 6oz. off your plants. I also wanted to add a comment about your statement of finding a caregiver that is not part of a dispensary. I'm not a dispensary. I'm a caregiver only. At least until the state makes it impossible to do this. (I hope not)!! My best advise to you or anyone else that wants high quality mm cheap or free is to just put up the $1500 to $2000 to get a half way decent system started and learn to grow for yourself. It truly is rewarding in many different ways. These sites are an awesome place to learn. So many wonderful people willing to take their time to help with everything you could need. Good luck. Happy growing. Relax:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom