combined lighting for best results

600w hps or 600w hps and 300w cfl (dual spec or red)

• Total voters

roboquaid

420 Member
hi guys anybody have any thoughts on combined lighting?
i was thinking most people would have small grow rooms 4-10 plants ,
so would it be a good idea
to have just say 600w dual spectrum hps and a dual spec 300w cfl
or maybe just a red cfl the last 4 weeks of flower? ( alongside the hps)
everyone wants bigger buds right?
i think the best way to go would be
to have 600w hps and 300w red cfl last 4 weeks ( combined lights)
if you can maintain temps
thats just my opinion though .
thanks for reading guys .

1x 600w HPS does 1 square yard or 1 sq. meter really well, as the 600w HPS uses the red side of light, there is very little reason during bud to opt for blue(6500k) lights.
Blue, (cool whites,2700k) are used to maintain veg. eg. 250w MH a very cool blue, used to maintain a mother or boost clones through the veg period

peace
"V"

1x 600w HPS does 1 square yard or 1 sq. meter really well, as the 600w HPS uses the red side of light, there is very little reason during bud to opt for blue(6500k) lights.
Blue, (cool whites,2700k) are used to maintain veg. eg. 250w MH a very cool blue, used to maintain a mother or boost clones through the veg period

peace
"V"

hi mate thanks for the reply , little confused tho i know the kelvins are different
but i just like to say red and blue lol
i know red is better for flowers so thats why i was thinking maybe if you get
a red cfl 300w to suppliment the hps last 4 weeks
then im, sure the yeild would increase???

cheers mate loving the advice, i know someone who knows someone , that has a 1.2 by 1.2 m tent 600w hps ,
6 plants , doing a scrog with a screen that fits in with the tent , anyways i was thinking beacause its a scrog and will be very very bushy in there with hundreds of tops thats why i was thinking using supplimental light would benefit~? hes got a giant cfl 300w red spectrum
with reflector for the supplimental light and the bulb in the 600 is a 600w dual spec! the hps is in the middle of course so what would be the best action to take when putting the cfl in there? e.g in 1 corner of the square?, at the back same height as the hps?? , or just hanging down on a e40 hanger?

Back
Top Bottom