Confused about the Vapir Oxygen Mini

Alkapwn1

Hi. I've been looking to purchase a portable vaporizer for a while now and have been cruising the internet trying to determine which one I should purchase.

I saw the Vapir Oxygen Mini and it looked like a good buy. $125 for the unit which INCLUDES the battery which makes it truely portable.

But the more I try and research this product the more conflicting evidence I get. So I've decided to ask all of y'all at 420 Mag.com for some help on this.

Some problems people have claimed to have had:
- Hard to pull through the vape (but it's a small portable one).
- Bad 'plastic' taste (apparantly you have to run it for 30 mins before you use it for the first time to fix this).
- People have actually claimed not to have gotten high off of it.
- A few people say it breaks easily

I'm very confused because the formal reviews of the Oxygen Mini give it the thumbs up but comments all over the net contradict the reviews.

It'd be appreciated if anyone who's had experience with this product could help me shed some light on this. And if it's not good could you please suggest some other products that I could get that would be portable.

I do NOT want to get a portable vaporizer what requires a separate lighter (A.K.A. The VaporGenie).

Thanks!

It's on my list to get...Don't really care about reviews...Heard bad ones about all the ones i have...Vapormatic Deluxe by Vapir, Noble Vapor, and the hand held butane BP600. All have worked flawlessly with me...Have use the Vapormatic almost everyday for 3 yrs..Had the Noble for yr and half and picked up the bp600 for camping trips or beach. Didn't really need the other two cause the Matic does whip style and fills bags also...but wanted one for when it's just me without forced air behind it and one for on the go. But the mini looks sweet and having to refill the butane is getting old so gonna try the mini like i said.

It's on my list to get...Don't really care about reviews...Heard bad ones about all the ones i have...Vapormatic Deluxe by Vapir, Noble Vapor, and the hand held butane BP600. All have worked flawlessly with me...Have use the Vapormatic almost everyday for 3 yrs..Had the Noble for yr and half and picked up the bp600 for camping trips or beach. Didn't really need the other two cause the Matic does whip style and fills bags also...but wanted one for when it's just me without forced air behind it and one for on the go. But the mini looks sweet and having to refill the butane is getting old so gonna try the mini like i said.

Well, let us know how it works when you get one!

I've had one for a few months now, I put about a half oz of kind through it, along with about a quarter of some mids.

Here are my thoughts.

1: The "hard to pull through" complaint is very real. The mesh that's used on the end of the whip-thingy is REALLY REALLY fine, and if you don't occassionally soak it in some rubbing alcohol you'll nearly asphixiate yourself attempting to get a decent hit.

2: The plasticy taste goes away quickly, just heat cycle it a few times.

3: This thing is made for portability, so don't expect big hits.

Overall it works well, and I still use it from time to time. It's great for in the car if you're going somewhere where you don't want to smell like smoke, or any time you need to be discreet. There's next to no smell that would be discernable as pot. At first I was disappointed thinking that it didn't get me high either. I've found that the key to utilizing it well is to first make sure that you have the heat high enough (trust what you feel more than the little LCD display), and second is you have to give yourself sufficient time to get high with it. Since you're packing tiny little bowls in a tiny little device you're getting tiny little hits, and if you're like me you are going to be sucking on it for a good 10-15 minutes and re-loading it a few times to get a good high.

All in all I'm glad that I own it, as there are times where it's nearly the only option (I've placed it and the battery pack inside of a movie theater cup with the tube sticking out like a straw, smoked right in the theater with no concern of those around), but if I had it to do over, I would have first acquired a solid home unit (extreme or Purple Days prob), and then later gotten the Oxygen for portable use.

Any other questions feel free to ask, hope that helps.

I owned one of these and it had a few issues, before I go into the issues, I have to say this is a very nice piece of kit for the price, and it hits like a champion.

The issues I ran into were that the cord's connection at the bottom of the unit that strangely uses a telephonic mini jack, instead of the standard AC adapt tubular plug would kink, eventually from the natural events of turning it to hand it to friends, and the weight of the cord on the unit would loosen the wires leading to malfunction, it took about 6 months for this issue to pop up however.

The other issue is the heat shield, should you feel the need to remove it, do not, it's married with extremely weak plastic tabs that WILL SNAP OFF. The replacement cost for this item as well the telephonic mini jack adapter, are asininely high, to the point of around 20 and 40 dollars, yes. $20 for a replacement plastic piece. Asinine replacement prices.

But with all that said, for $100 it lasted 10+ months, it delivered bowl after bowl of exacting temperature controlled vapor.

I preferred to run it on 400 degrees as this caused quite a bit more vapor production over the actual vaporization temperature of 385

Keep it simple, like SparkDogg says the key is keeping the screen clean for a decent pull. I typically clean after 20-30 hits. Also keep in mind the load size, I have to fill my P-D al least two times before I am done. I own the Extreme for groups and the Purple Days for personal use, with a Vapor Genie for stealth and portability. The Vapor Genie needs a lighter but I opted for that rather than batteries and butane and at half the price I am very happy. The more simple the device the less prone to problems IMHO. Remember, a portable device will get abused.
peace

I also have a VaporGenie, and it's a nice unit, but if your friends can't get the principles down, it goes all bad.

I got a Vapir One 5.0 on the way, I'll update with a review after I use it.

If you're looking for a butane based either a VaporGenie or a VaporStar will do you fine, but I miss the digital temperature control.

I have the o2 mini. and an ubie, and a magic flight, and a digital ceramic vaporite. if you got money to waste and you've owned other vapes, get the magic flight. everyone should own an ubie. I wouldnt suggest getting anything but whip style or bag for your first one though. I do use the mini. it does seem like it takes a long time to get high. like a leaky pipe. but it is stealth with battery option. keep it hot,hot.
I paid less for the vaporite and it blows the socks off anything I have tried. (except the bags, theyre pretty cool) I can hit the vaporite ten times on a little pinch and taste the very essence. the rest of them get dusty, mostly, but that ubie, with a mini heat gun lighter(it takes dollar store lighters and makes the flame a catalytic flameless no fumes and clean heat gun) is very fun, and effective, and when the pinch is vaped, you suck a little harder and burn/smoke the rest if you want like a joint, or throw it away

:rollit:

Tried the vapir o2 4.0 (regular male power jack) last nite for first time. Very satisfactory. 1 load half as high as dbv but it was only one very small pinch (maybe .005 -.0075 gm?) usually I put 3 average pinch (about .2 gm )of dry weed in the dbh and it will get you baked. Also noticed that when it comes out the o2 mini its nothing but dust (very efficient ?)
It sucking is noticable (not quite as bad as a slurpy) and a hint of plastic after an hour pre burn off time, but not all too bad (susppect will go away with use). I opted not to get a the battery pack (that why God gave us eletric outlets) got the car charger instead if I want portable
I can easly see 2 - 3 load in this vap will get you completely torn up

the only thing i saved when i recycled my mini, was the chinese, bamboo ear shovel used to load the mini or unload i can't remember. what i do remember is the god offal smell/taste of the plastic. i'll admit i.m a little hypo, but i can still remember that smell/taste, i did'nt hesitate to recycle the mimi. sky high

Back
Top Bottom