Hush 2 x 4 Flood / Drain 600Watt / Many CFL's - 02-2010

hush

started a grow I call my out of the closet grow. is legal, and really exciting !

I got one pic up and will get more up soon. didnt take any when they were born(sorry) secret jarden 120W-2'x4'($160.95), in closet. sunleaves vent to attic/or house heat(depending on how well the stink sock works later). I've used eco brand nutes since I was a kid so, cuz I'm stubborn that way, I'm gonna stick with em, until someone convinces me otherwise. It's a big bear flood and drain(low profile)($258) and really does rock. I've built everything I've ever run, including a 1300 gallon flood and drain system(recirculating with 1000 tilapia in the reservoir for one season.1.5 lb tilapia and awesome tomatoes! some pics if anybody interested..so spending money was tough. but, this had to have appeal to the other, rather than be hodge-podge in the closet. It worked.
lecca/coco, 1 gallon pots. lots of air(industrial) nice controls. lowryder mix,lr1, lr2, fasbud, lowboldt ,la woman, =12ttl. 600watt lumatek, 80 f daytime-65f nitetime. fed every 3hrs day-none nite. 18/6 metalhalide plantmax conv.
ph at 5.6-6.5 always. well water.
germinated about a month ago-all seeds.

rsz_2x41.jpg

Re: hush2x4flood/drain600watt/manycfl's02-2010

Short and fat, love the huge leaves.

Concerned about your electrical though, have you calculated how much amperage and watts are going through each of those bars? Aim for under 75% maximum capacity for safety.

Looks clean and calculated, but I wouldn't want you to have an electrical problem. Those 3 outlet plugs aren't super safe and can make you exceed your bars limit.

lots of light.

I have two seperate(two 20 amp circuits) suppliying the tent. two of the light bars are hardwired while the other is plugged direct. The 600 watt mh/hps and some nominal draws(pump, fan, etc) and the other has the rest.

I seperated power supplies to (a power strip on timer and direct to timer(s) to offset the draw on those three ways) the cfl's if on all the time, use 460 watts. I'll have them on(some) during flowering and for pics.
Fire scares the shit outta me and I always welcome suggestions. now, if only I didnt have to suffer the side effects of my medicine all by myself.

any cool people in Michigan,?? up north, a little, that is.

hush

I need some advice...

Hi,

In the past I didnt, ahh, wouldnt have imagined having more than one plant at a time, so, when legal, I went gonzo. bang, all twelve at once. some auto, some not, some female, some not. no planning involved here. I wanted some weed now, and then some later. wut??
anyway, I killed one, and another never sprouted, so I planted more. now I got a la woman thats long away from flowering, some lowriders that are females and proud of it already. none ready for 12/12 yet. the 600 watt mh is on them now, but "

should I put the hps in now?(any benefit to the autoflowers?)(negatives on the rest?)
should I let the auto flowers do their thing under the mh?

plan is to leave it alone until the lowriders are done, then change lights, and timers? but I dont want to suffer the early harvests with the metal halide vs the hps. I do have those 2700 cfls on the two flower girlies.
any suggestions will be really cool.
anyone work out a planting schedule, or software for this app? I want weed all the tiem, and can grow all the time. hmm, math, words, ...where is that pipe?...ahhhh:peace:

electricity

afka,

you got me all thinkin and shit..anyway total usage in the room at any one time on any one circuit is about 1000 watts on one and 300 on the other. probably put those cfl strips on another timer on the other circuit, cuz of you.

the brown 3 way is for the little water pump and an air compressor, so I can plug them both into th eintermittent timer, and the other orange three ways are only to re-position the plug angles for access to those ridiculously sized transformer plugs.

thanks for lookin out bro. always welcome to suggestions.

hush:smokin:

Dude, just get the most light you can in there without having heat issues. It doesn't really matter what it is, as long as it's strong enough. Leave the autoflowers under 20/4 or 24h whichever you prefer, if you have a veg station. You can flower that whole room now if you want, it's gonna fill up.

Good stuff on keeping it safe dude, a place to live is not worth trading for some weed.

afka,

whoa..I just checked your grow. looks like it was a success!:passitleft:

I have always used 18/6 so thats what its at now. If I flowered that little la woman, now, how would that affect her yield? I really would like to get the most out of her.
had to castrate the crop...found some nanas hangin on one small boy(lowrider), not much loss.

hush,hush:smokin:

Well, you may run out of space if you keep all them girls in there.

Do you have another spot for veg big enough to keep the tiny one and the autoflowers in and flower the rest in your tent?

If you flower those tiny seedling things now they'll probably get shaded out by the others, they need more time.

My girls still got about 5-6 weeks on em, thanks.

afka

I dont have any other place for them. so, I'll wing it. but I think I'll give it a few more days for more hairs to show. only two confirmed so for . here is the pics of a boy, I think. I never had a boy one, ever. so he's my first.

rsz_dscn00991.jpg

:peace:
and an update or two.
rsz_dscn01091.jpg

rsz_dscn01051.jpg

:smokin:

Those are looking mighty happy and healthy my friend! Keep up the good work, sorry to see the pics of the male, but hey what can you do that's nature for ya :grinjoint:

Keep up the great work :peace:

thanks live tour :popcorn:

thanks livetour:roorrip:

all but four were feminized seeds. the four regular seeds were the lowrider 1.
one of four was a boy...I'm friggin pleased. the boy is dead.
blzbud is the tall lady.
heres some from today
. not sure if you can see the sticky preflowers in the pics, but they are there on the lowriders-34 days from seed18/6-nutes 1200ppmtechnaflora
rsz_dscn0121.jpg

rsz_dscn0125.jpg

rsz_dscn0127.jpg

:rollit:

prodo- thanks man. that boy didnt bug me a bit. I still got 11 beautiful girls to admire. tik-tok on those lowriders...i should have some(more)smoke soon.
dealer says the only thing available this month is jamaican/thai/hawaiian.. Aww man..what a bummer, huh? :cool:

rsz_rsz_hushprize.jpg

hush_1212_now_hps.jpg

rsz_1hush_new_gro_pot_bags.jpg

rsz_hushnice_light_under_canopy.jpg

those are from today. I am hoping to see good results from the cfl's around the outer plants. not sure if it makes any diff with 600watts but probably. I have seen cfl's in action at a buddy's house. its a lot of fiddle fuckin with lights, but nice product. wonder if I'll try a grow without them now?

Back
Top Bottom