Hush 2 x 4 Flood / Drain 600Watt / Many CFL's - 02-2010

Gro Pots

the gro pots are made of felt. they did not change ph or ppm when soaked. I washed them in natural soap and ammonia, double rinsed and used with great results. roots are much happier. I only wish I would have started the plants in these so I wouldnt have to rustle em. the handles are awesome
:smokin:

Re: hush2x4flood/drain600watt/manycfl's02-2010

Looks like you've got some good stuff going on!

Definitely worth watching! :popcorn:

Lower light will help you get nice little nugs instead of a lot of fluffy popcorn buds so go for it! I kept a 150W HPS on the floor and rotated my tubs every day to even out exposure and haven't tossed more than a 1/4 oz of wet popcorn into the hash pile so far.

I'll be seein' ya L8r!

:peace:

labrAT,

i switched to 12/12 because the non autoflowers were at max size for my area...but some of the auto's have not even preflowered even. I'm a bit concerned for them, but I had to trade off for the quality of the remaining--La woman-BlzBud- aurora indicas. I sure hope i made the right decision. I only have one room to grow. (for now) .

what do you think?:roorrip:

labrAT,

i switched to 12/12 because the non autoflowers were at max size for my area...but some of the auto's have not even preflowered even. I'm a bit concerned for them, but I had to trade off for the quality of the remaining--La woman-BlzBud- aurora indicas. I sure hope i made the right decision. I only have one room to grow. (for now) .

what do you think?:roorrip:

Go for the non-autos for sure! Autos will flower under 12/12 too, they just don't need it to flower like the others. The autos will produce better under longer light cycles like 20/4 but will do nicely with 12/12 if there is lots of light.

Your doing GREAT! :thumb:

I can't +Rep you or anyone else today but I can throw you 5 well deserved stars!

labrat,

not sure what +rep is, but it sounds cool, and I thank you for the compliments and the thought of +repping me. does +repping feel good? hmm?

You'all made me feel a whole lot better about the decision to 12/12. I really need this grow to go right. thinkin maybe a led in a cabinet to vewg and my tent to flower? not sure how I'll work this out. I had dreams of having a buffet garden magically replenishing itself just in time for the next harvest.

:bong:

labrat,

not sure what +rep is, but it sounds cool, and I thank you for the compliments and the thought of +repping me. does +repping feel good? hmm?

You'all made me feel a whole lot better about the decision to 12/12. I really need this grow to go right. thinkin maybe a led in a cabinet to vewg and my tent to flower? not sure how I'll work this out. I had dreams of having a buffet garden magically replenishing itself just in time for the next harvest.

:bong:

At the bottom of the column with your name and avitar are three items. The first is a light to let you know when someone is logged in. Green is on etc.

The piece of cauliflower in the middle is for adding or removing reputation points for a user. You can't give reps to that same user until you have given reps to twenty other uses firstIf you read something useful or someone makes a point of helping you then you can click on that to give Rep points to that user. You can also remove rep points for that user if you see a post that is offensive or troll-like. I've only used that once in a year as it tends to piss someone off if you do it and you should be prepared to justify your actions.

The triangle is for notifying the administrators of an offensive post that you feel should be removed. Or even your own post if you don't want it out there and have passed the time that you can edit it yourself which I believe is 420 minutes unless that has been increased.

Took me months to figure all this stuff out so don't be afraid to ask if you don't know. There's lots of great people here willing to help without judging. :cheer:

C'ya

a couple weeks ago res change to General Hydroponics. wow, easy to work with. ph perfect. I'm used to scooping wads of mixed salts out of a bag, dissolving them, then slowly adding. might be a thing of the past when they're gone.

But this time I changed today again and use Advanced Nutrients Dutch Master Gold A&B Flower. This stuff is amazing. I saw plants change within the day, as well as new, different color growth. The ph was automatically adjusted to 6. so I left it. everybodys happy. got the nutes in the mail at TCS hydro in st clair shores. 98$ delivered for the 5 litre set. not sure its a good deal, but I haappy so far.:rollit:

Hey Hush all i got to say is WOW those lady's look beautiful i cant believe
how much they have grown since the last time i checked in, keep those pics
coming bro, i sure hope my little garden looks that good keep it up Hush.
P.S Hush the cfl 2700 is that a grow bulb or a regular house bulb like cool white?

The piece of cauliflower in the middle

hahaha cauliflower... you'd think a bunch of stoners could recognize a scale :D

Hush, that room is getting FULL! They're looking amazing, so dense and thick. I think that side lighting arrangement you have there is working great.

afka...hehehe. hm that is funny

thanks for the kind words.
Warning..I put bud candy in at 1/4 strength in my res that has dutch master gold, and in three days it smelled like a dirty sock, and was cloudy. I know what time a day that was. no more of these "bud boosters" ! sugar, molasses, whatever. works great in my dirt box outside. not in my controlled environment. like the time someone put some candy in my fish tank.
anybody want some bud candy? I used two different supps in twenty years in hydro. both times the same!
bacteria i guess, but then how are they successfully marketed? maybe supposed to run them alone?
:bongrip:

hushrsz_newvegtent.jpg

thats my new veg tent. already a jack herer female sprouted under the led light.

hushrsz_yup.jpg

somebody said this looked like dank weed. not sure what that means? anybody?

hushrsz_nicebud.jpg

:cool:
those are some automatics. williams wonderxnorthern lightsx autoflower. right on time . they said 60 days from seed. I suspect a couple weeks longer. but still a real looker and good smell and smoke.

hushrsz_gooood.jpg

milky trichs so far with about 20% amber. tic-toc:smokin:

Looking good so far there Hush!

Dank just means like sticky, smelly, phat looking bud!

And those are some dank lookin' colas 4 sure! :bong:

c'ya

Just read your journal from the beginning bro. Keep em rockin. We did auto's in our first journal. I still have a place in my seedbank with auto's. We started with CFL's and still use them for vegging. Added a 400 watt HPS as our first step up. Now running 2-1000 watt Super Hortilux and the original 400 watt HPS in the flower room. Strictly dirt farmin here. Using 75% Promix/25% Fox Farms Ocean Forest with 5 ozs of OrganiCare Pure per 5 gallon bucket. Feeding with Dyna gro Grow and Bloom nutes along with H&G Soil A+B nutes. Soil just gives us more flexibility with multiple genetics going at once. A very good friend of ours and his wife are both caregivers/patients and each has 4 patients under them as well, so a total of 120 plants legally, all in hydro. We tend to be slower in production time, but our per plant output is larger and a bit more flavorable. I still have some Blueberry Autoflowers and some AK47 auto's laying about. They are not feminised, but what the hell. 10 weeks from seed to weed is nice, averaging about 4 ozs per plant. Best if you can keep them at 20/4 throughout the entire grow. First 2 weeks is critical to get them as big as you can, so tons of white light (6500k), the brighter the better. We just lost our Northern Lights x Big Bud seedling, so I'll plant another, along with another seed we haven't chosen yet. Like the setup you have going brother, keep em green.

hey prodo

gonna be harvesting most at different times. the pics with the big colas are gonna be the first to complete.
different? nope. this was easy and came second nature. I was only confused by the nutrient systems, I used the same for years, but now I know better.two different (famous)seed breeders told me to get a good nute system and you will never need to add anything but. they said if I was poor, with no way to get proper nutes, , playing with funny lights(been there)and closet growing for personal use, people might have some luck with homemade or grocery store foodstuff, (been there too) when its nothing but time, and fun. just no consistency.

both used the same damn nutes, and the same damn systems, with the same damn results! I'm too old to re-invent the wheel now. I found out there does not have to be malnutrition symptoms, or disease, or mold, or bugs, or death, or, or fluff, or many of the other issues experienced here. all I had to do was write a check for a couple hundred bucks, and I put my meters away. every time I tested, it was the same. no issues, ever, ever. no symptoms, no stalls,(only when I took someones advice and added a "non nute system" additive, did something go wrong. Not sure if they're worth it , or not? but 200 dollars over this many oz, is chump change. really. so why take a chance? advanced nutes, and 600 to 1000 watt lamps. unless a hobby is what I was advised. makes sense to me. maybe I just lucky this time. but I got my popcorn too, and I'm watching. I have learned so much here.

I've chopped off a couple low buds near the cfl bulbs at the bottom, and some trimmed bud from the top. both are decent, one very fluffy, and one very tight, one very sticky, and one a little bit. one heavy, one not. one very stoney, one not. bye bye cfl's. heats not an issue, and 260 watts(10 cfl's) would be better utilized in a larger hid lamp, or an additional one. just my opinion, and I'm kinda dumb. but, I got good weed !

:roorrip:

The cfl's are going into the veg tent.

......pheewt,

finally got some updated pics. I watched the trichs closely, sampled at intervals and found the perfect (for me) window. flora kleen for three days then plain water for 3, then no water or light for 30hrs.
In the drying chamber now, the early cola harvest was excellent after drying. it tastes better and is more potent every day it cures in the jars. I have 20" to 36" plants with very dense buds now

the 600 watt light that was blocked by the cfl's seems more valuable than the light provided by them ! Fluff belongs in the hash bag ! Not on my girls.

I followed instructions and now completed the dutch master formula with a foliar program . I did see the difference immediately in production. a little goes a long way. The Add.27 goes quickly. this has been a very stable and complete and successful nute system with no, additions, fluctuations, deficiencies, bugs, rot, mold, etc. I am so happy I changed to this program.

here are some harvested lowriders. smooth smoke, with a great buzz yanked 70 ish days after seed.

rsz_rsz_frosted.jpg

rsz_rsz_measure_up.jpg

rsz_rsz_haircut.jpg

:yahoo::roorrip:

very nice grow! loving the fat ladies.

Back
Top Bottom