Connoisseur - I need advice

Grower4Life

I have always used the AN part A & B but have recently purchased the Connoisseur line. I have heard so much about it that I am completely confused. Some have said to not use it straight, some say to use half/half with the Sensi program. I was wondering what you do with the connoisseur and what ppm you are usually around? or how many ml per gal. you are using. Any info would really help.

Well from what I have read or seen released by Advanced Nutrients says to just use it like you use the Sensi A & B. It state 2.0 mL per gal. to start and increase to a max of 5.0mL per gal.

That is kind of general and the few posts I have read on here from people who use it said that they keep their ppm's way low cause its a "hot nutrient". Like around 700-900s which seems insanely low.

If you find ANYTHING please let me know. I think I mite start really low ppm and increase slowly, I definatley don't want to chemical burn.

did you get it at any deal,if so please post. for my first DWC lowryder2 mystic blue, and mango.i want to use with the grow to see if i can see somthing jurasic happens can someone tune in that has experiance with usage in gift of god from advanced. Also would you use immediatly when start veggin out or after 2nd set germinationon is there somthing else you would recomend for nutes and micros that would be good for an autoflower. thank you everyONE

am mostly soil guy but diluting any hydro mix thats new to you with extra water is cheap insurance against toxic overfeeding and most hydro threads from oldtimers on several boards talk about getting familiar with a brand or brands and then going for maximu m
grows the next run after the basics are dialed in hydro reacts fast to changes so you have less safety net than soil.....

this post from 2009 and we are in 2015 and still i have the same question regarding the AN Connoisseur 2 part Bloom. i am using it now and i started week 1 1000 PPM with full AN Connoisseur Bloom - Grand Master Level growing WWExtrm from Elephantos .... i see the plant is very healthy after 21 days bud formation is very OK not nuts burns and now am on 1650 PPM... but the thing is i still seek information about this product Vs AN Sensi Bloom 2 parts .... if any please share the experience ......

Hopefully i can shed some light on this for you.
In the connoisseur food they use a specific type of alcohol that actually speeds up the process at which the plant cells divide. So you have a sped up rate of cellular division which translates to more plant faster.
Now, to get the full benefit of this you should be using a silica. As new cells develop, naturally, they want to be coated in silica which reinforces the cellular structure of the plant and it also enhances the uptake of nutrients.
I personally prefer Fasilitor by aptus because it is the only silica on the market right now that is already broken down into the readily available Silicic acid. Other silica products are usually potassium silicate which takes up to a week in hydro or a month in soil just to break down into silicic acid..

Simply using connoisseur and fasilitor together the potential yield increase should/could be 10-20%

Hope my $.02 helped!

thanks allot and hope more info from other member will come up.

Fasilitor by altus is very very over price

thanks again

Do you understand what makes fasilitor by aptus tick? Or why is is the price that it is?
I know it lists for $144 but my local shop usually sells it for $120 and i have seen prices online around that (its like 15% off)
But the shit is so effing concentrated.. and its the most readily available form of silica (Silicic acid)
I use 3ml per 5 gallons of water. and during end veg/beginning bloom i double it to 6ml per 5 gallons because it keeps things from stretching on me at that rate.

silica blast is what i used to use which is a basic silica and most basic silica products are derived from potassium silicate. which in hydro can take a whole week to break down into silicic acid, and in soil it could take a month or more to break down into the silicic acid.

if you ever did a side by side you would be mind blown. Thats what i had to do first because i would never have beleived the difference i was told that it would make.. luckily for me my local hydro shop hooked me up with a small amount to try first and within a week i saw what i needed to see.

Good luck.

sorry.. wanted to mention that you dont have to use fasilitor with connoisseur. you just have to use ANY silica. (fasilitor just happens to be the best and i like having the best)

But either way, you should get a substantial yield increase with the connoisseur and any silica.

Sorry wrong thread...clicked too fast. Hence the handle :) You really gotta be an idiot to post in the wrong thread. I think I do this about once every 2-3 weeks. I need to get back on the pipe and slow down.

:peace:

thanks for your reply its nice to see your lines but can you please explain why i don't have to use fasilitor with connoisseur ?

I can better explain why you SHOULD use fasilitor with connoisseur.
What i meant by saying you dont have to use fasilitor is if your budget doesnt allow you to get fasilitor then you can get by with any old silica but it just wont perform as top notch.

Fasilitor is the broken down form of silica (silicic acid)
The reason you should use fasilitor with connoisseur is because of the heightened rate of cellular division happening in the plant.
As new cells develop in this weed, they naturally WANT to be coated in silica. there are numerous benefits by having each and every cell coated in silica. It will improve the cellular structure, making the cell walls thicker, stronger, more prone to resist pests and diseases too. Also helps against environmental conditions like too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry. also your plants vascular pressure will increase making nutrients travel up and through the plant faster.
the silicic acid also helps transport nutrients up the plant faster and more efficiently.. so you will see faster denser, healthier growth.

The reason i use fasilitor over rhino skin or silica blast (i have used both) is because both of those products are made with potassium silicate which needs to be broken down before it is in the bio-readily available silicic acid form.

Sorry if my thoughts are all over the place.

hehehe well cleared Mr
and thanks for the explanation it help allot

in this case i think i would use rhino skin and just add some to the soil 2 weeks before transplant .. it might work this way by saving time to breakdown the silica to silica acid... what do you thing ?

I think thats a good idea.
You are in soil so as long as you have a healthy amount of micro organizms then they will do their job they will be working to break down that potassium silicate.

I kind of just realized, if youre using rhino skin then you probably should be using their beneficials to get the most out of it.

Back
Top Bottom