AN Nute line

Maer

I dont know if I understand this completely.. I understand that you need to choose your base line Connoisseur, Sensi, or Grow-Micro-Bloom.

But then there are 13 additives they have grouped into Hobbist, Professional, Expert and Grand Master.

All 13 additives in 1L size and the Connoisseur level nutes are $700.

So I guess the main question is are the additive levels stand alone, or stacking?

They said stacking... but seems like your ppms would be off the charts.

Yes, it's stacking. Stick with Sensi and get used to it, decide you enjoy it before even considering the Connoisseur.

The additives don't even hardly raise your PPM levels at all, I'd say it's something like 80% base 20% additives account for 100% of the reason PPM raises.

I have the entire line, all additives and using GMB.

I add the additives first, and measured PPM before, if I remember straight it was only about 200-300 which is nothing considering it was 6 different bottles of nutes.

Another thing, me personally, I ALWAYS keep things at 50% dosage rate from what they recommend. Maybe one day I'll go NFT or Ebb and Flow and give the recommended dosage rate.

I would be curious to see if they can really produce that great an increase. My last grow was 20+ ozs dried-trimmed-cured in a 2x6. I don't think there is any way I could have doubled that, short of using some radioactive isotopes.

I don't doubt that they're good nutes, but if they could double my last grow, I will pay twice the price they're asking.

I would be curious to see if they can really produce that great an increase. My last grow was 20+ ozs dried-trimmed-cured in a 2x6. I don't think there is any way I could have doubled that, short of using some radioactive isotopes.

I don't doubt that they're good nutes, but if they could double my last grow, I will pay twice the price they're asking.

I know that's my point.

The additives don't even hardly raise your PPM levels at all, I'd say it's something like 80% base 20% additives account for 100% of the reason PPM raises.

Is that because the additives are mostly composed of non-metallic-salt ingredients (that therefore wouldn't affect EC), or because there's not much in them?

If I had a sample and wasn't planning to use it, I'd probably give it to my buddy to test where he works. He has equipment there that they use to measure the amount of dissolved solids by weighing the sample, evaporating the water, and weighing the residue that is left on a very accurate scale (it registers 0.0001 gram and sits in a glass case on a 350-400 pound marble (granite?) table that is on a solid concrete floor so that the scale is not affected by the vibrations or changes in air currents from someone walking across the floor on the other side of the room:)). But I'm in no hurry to run out and purchase a new set of nutrients/additives at this time (since I just got through picking some and now have several)... And if I did, I'd probably end up feeding them to my plants in order to see what all the buzz was about instead of "wasting" them on such an experiment.

I want to run a side by side with another line and see if that $650 is well spent. I added up everything and that was with the bundle discounts and 250ml bottles of additives.

I love side-by-side tests if all other conditions other than the one being tested are exactly the same.

One thing to consider is whether that $650 will last more than ONE grow. If so (I have no idea, guess it depends on the size of the grow, method of grow, and length of same) then the expense would of course be shared and thus cost-per-grow would be less.

$650... For those who grow to sell or who end up purchasing bud when they run out... What is that these days, only a couple of quality ounces or a little more? It probably wouldn't take that much "extra goodness" to produce an extra 56 grams - because it seems easy enough to hurt a grow that much, lol. For many, I suspect that just the fact that they bought all those products and spent more than they were used to would bump at least a few extra grams because they'd be more likely to pay close attention to their feeding/mixing/etc. practices.

some nutrients additives work great when going past the recommended dosage , gh line of organics "go" bio-bloom booster and bio-root worked great although i did expeince issues with the main bloom base . since then i have switched to AN and havent had any problems . i always mix the additives 1/4 to 1/2 on the first dosage then bump it up from there . it easier making a bigger batch of water so you can increase doasge by 5ml per volume . i have a 15 gallon container i fill up 12 gallons for 6 plants and i do that twice a week for bloom and veg. the gh "go" line had hardly the amount of EC of the AN sensi and never needed to be flushed ,but proper runoff is still needed every watering

JJ is there any reason I shouldn't just pay the extra for the connoisseur?

Also does anyone know where I can get the new AN stuff online? Most places have pics of the old stuff that is not ph perfect.

If you haven't used the Sensi yet, I wouldn't go with the Connoisseur, wait to see if you're satisfied with Sensi first, that's my opinion.

Depends where you live, the pH perfect isn't available everywhere just yet, most AN reps will tell you it's basically already the pH perfect formula on the newer made stuff anyway.

My pH has been on dot when I mix them, I've rarely had to change it.

Back
Top Bottom