Switching to different nutes

onestickz

Hey 420

I've been doing some research on nutes, and they have some pretty good products. I am using the flora 3 part series and additives from the same line G.H. I'm on my second grow, and I dialed down the nute feeding by diluting the water with less nutes. The leave burning keeps happening so maybe I need to change nutes. I want to keep using GH until I get it mastered, but if the burning keeps happening, then maybe I need to try something new.
If anybody has used these products and had results they would like to share, I'm all ears
Thanks.

What are you're ppms at? this is probably the issue you're having. One can dispute the fact about certain fertz/nutez (like "mirical grow") But if you take what it says on the package and split that dose in half, you should be good to go with any nutez or fertz without burning. Also, are you separating your feedings? Example; water, water, feed, water, water, feed....? Or are you just doing straight feeding? Also, how old are you're plants? All of these factors come into play. Explain your situation a little more and we can probably dial down them nutez as well & save you $. Do you have a ppm meter?

Their high. This morning when I checked it was around 796-806. I know that's high for it to be my second week in veg. I follow the feeding on the back of the bottles but it shoots up sky high. As soon as I ph my water to 6.0 or 6.5, once I add the cal-mag it shoot up high and keep climbing as I add everything else

Their high. This morning when I checked it was around 796-806. I know that's high for it to be my second week in veg. I follow the feeding on the back of the bottles but it shoots up sky high. As soon as I ph my water to 6.0 or 6.5, once I add the cal-mag it shoot up high and keep climbing as I add everything else

Ok, so. There's a few issues with your processes going on.

A. Never ph your water until all desired nutez are mixed in with the water. (There's no point to adjust it to the end ;) )
B. 2nd week in veg you DO NOT want to give them full strength solutions, quarter the amount on the lable is more then enough, at this stage of the game... It can not only burn your plants if you use to much nutez, but also can be counter productive in the growth & stunt or 'pro-long' growth if you burn the roots.
C. Whenever mixing cal-mag in with your nutez, always add it first to the water. Then follow the directions on your nute scheg.

Can you post some pictures for me to see? I might be able to help see if there are any other underlying issues.

1452534410461-115737736.jpg
14525343845731233372018.jpg

Your not going to see much in these pics, but when I get back to the lab, I will post some more pics. At this stage I would think she would be a little bigger. I do add cal-mag first, but what I was told was to ph water before adding anything... is that wrong? If so, that might be part of my problem.

Yes, it is. That's 100% wrong. You do not want to be adding too much PH ^ or down to you're mix. Just enough to adjust the PH at the end so a few drops to half a cap full will be enough for a 5 gallon container. (always shake it well before use as well). Can't tell anything from that picture. But they look reasonably healthy nonetheless.:thumb::Namaste:

Hey, thanks for that info. My first grow I was doing it that way. Glad you told me that. Now when I change my 10 gallon res. I'll make sure to adjust the phone last. I'll still send u some pics, maybe u might see something I don't.

Hey, thanks for that info. My first grow I was doing it that way. Glad you told me that. Now when I change my 10 gallon res. I'll make sure to adjust the phone last. I'll still send u some pics, maybe u might see something I don't.

No worries, that's what we are here for :high-five:

Sure, Just remove her from the light this time ;)

Back
Top Bottom