Conservative Pat Robertson Again Pushes Marijuana Legalization

420 Warrior

Comments conservative Christian commentator Pat Robertson made on the 700 Club about a week ago are starting to gain some traction on the interwebs, mostly from supporters of the legalization of marijuana, for once again that's what Robertson addressed.

"I became sort of a hero of the hippie culture, I guess, when I said I think we oughta decriminalize the possession of marijuana," Robertson said on his show during a recent segment about prison overcrowding. "I just think it's shocking how many of these young people wind up in prison and they get turned into hardcore criminals because they had a possession of a very small amount of a controlled substance. I mean, the whole thing is crazy! "We've said, 'Well, we're conservatives – we're tough on crime.' That's baloney. It's costing us billions and billions of dollars."

A little later in the segment, after the report airs, Robertson launched back in.

"More and more prisons, more and more crime – it's just shocking," he said. "And especially this business about drug offenses.

I mean, it's time we stop locking up people for possession of marijuana. I mean, you know, we just can't do it any more. [For example], you don't lock 'em up for booze unless they kill somebody on the highway."

Consequently, some marijuana-legalization advocacy groups already unhappy with President Barack Obama's approach to medical marijuana are crowing.

"Are President Obama and Congressional Democrats really going to let Pat Robertson outflank them on marijuana reform, especially at a time when Gallup says a majority of Americans now support legalization?" asks a press release from Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.

1331054138-139391.jpeg

News Hawk - 420 Warrior 420 MAGAZINE
Source: The Colorado Springs Independent
Author: Bryce Crawford
Copyright: © 2012, The Colorado Springs Independent

Back
Top Bottom