Constant feeding soil mixes?

stoneytony

I remember on overgrow some people did constant feeding soil mixtures and didn't add fertilizer. Does anyone know these soil mixtures anymore? I remember they inclucded blood and bone meal which I have a lot of and would like to use up. Thanks for any help!

Aloha Stoney, I see that you're interested in " Organic Mixes" having 30 years experience in organics I may be able to offer some suggestions.
A few questions though. Indoors or outdoors? Size of container to be used? Strain?

A Hui Hou

I know this is an old post buy here is Subcools mix that was in High Times. This mix is supposed to be able to pretty much go all the way with just water.

Here are the amounts we’ve found will produce the best-tasting buds and strongest medicines:

8 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)

25 to 50 lbs of organic worm castings
5 lbs steamed bone meal
5 lbs Bloom bat guano
5 lbs blood meal
3 lbs rock phosphate
¾ cup Epson salts
½ cup sweet lime (dolomite)
½ cup azomite (trace elements)
2 tbsp powdered humic acid

This is the same basic recipe I’ve been using for the past 15 years. The hardest ingredient to acquire are the worm castings (especially since many people don’t even know what they are. FYI: worm poop). But don’t decide to just skip them: Be resourceful. After all, worms comprise up to ¾ of the living organisms found underground, and they’re crucial to holding our planet together. Also, don’t waste money on a “soil conditioner” with worm castings; source out some local pure worm poop with no added mulch.

Subcool is the author of Dank: The Quest for the Very Best Marijuana, available at dankgearonline.com.

THIS ARTICLE WAS FEATURED IN THE MARCH 2009 ISSUE OF HIGH TIMES

You can look at my current grow and see the mix I use. The basic soiless mix was developed by a cat named Lavender Cowboy and so far I really like the results using the dry amendments, but the holy grail of just add water has not happened yet. I still have to supplement with certain teas to keep things chugging along.

Ya I checked out the first page of your curent grow. Looks nice. Here is the organic mix I just started with. What do you think?

Veg Mix:
1/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano (PSG)
1/3 cup high N Bat guano ( Mexican)
1/3 cup earth worm castings
5 tsp. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
( that makes the dry mix. You can make all you want and save it for later. )
Mix with water at 1 cup of dry mix to 5 gallon of water to make the tea.
To that 5 gals add:
5 tbs Liquid Karma
5 tbs Black Strap Molasses
Use this to water every 3 rd watering

Flowering Nutrient Mix:
2/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano
2/3 cup if earth worm castings
2/3 cup High P guano (Indonesian or Jamaican)
5 tsp Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
( that makes the dry mix make as much ad you want and save it for later)
Mix with water @ 2 cups per 5 gals.
To that tea add:
5 tbs of Liquid Karma
5 tbs Black Strap Molases
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom