Country Boy Seeks Computer Guru. HELP!

MisterPeabody

Hey people. This old country boy is confused. As the rules of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brother's manly manual, which specifically states and I quote:"When one gets to an area of confusion, something resembling confusion, if it starts with a C and ends with an N or even resembles the word confusion, if it doesn't resemble confusion and you are confused, if you think you are confused, and are not, in any and all cases, smoke a joint.

Well, I did that. I didn't help. My delima is this. I have a few grows and a few projects here. I noticed others that others have had something to share, they put the link to these projects that show up whenever they post. I thought it was the signature thing. So I added my grow and a few projects. Now, if I reply to a message, it's there....BUT it's in an https://, bla. bla bla format. How in the hay do I get this to read a grow or posted project to READ what it in and just forward to the place it's located with a click of the mouse. Mine will take you there, but you don't have a fricking clue what it is unless you click it. Everyone else seems to have this figured out. Help!:peacetwo:

PS Look at the bottom of my post and you'll see what I mean.:reading420magazine:

the code is your signature has the website shown in brackets, and then the writing outside of the brackets is what people read in your signature

example for you (from one of your threads):
DIY Carbon High Flo Filter - 30 bucks

g'luck!

High MisterPeabody,

Here's a link that should help you out:
How to Add Links to Signatures

You are so "The Chosen One"! Thanks for the linky. Us country boys are good with our hands and can type with two fingers faster than a roadrunner with his ass on fire, but that's about it. I'm heading to the sight NOW to learn that what cant be taught in the barn or out on the farm.....;)

Hey people. This old country boy is confused. As the rules of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brother's manly manual, which specifically states and I quote:"When one gets to an area of confusion, something resembling confusion, if it starts with a C and ends with an N or even resembles the word confusion, if it doesn't resemble confusion and you are confused, if you think you are confused, and are not, in any and all cases, smoke a joint.

Well, I did that. I didn't help. My delima is this. I have a few grows and a few projects here. I noticed others that others have had something to share, they put the link to these projects that show up whenever they post. I thought it was the signature thing. So I added my grow and a few projects. Now, if I reply to a message, it's there....BUT it's in an https://, bla. bla bla format. How in the hay do I get this to read a grow or posted project to READ what it in and just forward to the place it's located with a click of the mouse. Mine will take you there, but you don't have a fricking clue what it is unless you click it. Everyone else seems to have this figured out. Help!:peacetwo:

PS Look at the bottom of my post and you'll see what I mean.:reading420magazine:
Where can i find this manual you speak of ? sounds like the manual for my life lol +rep if i'm allowed just cause you made me laugh :bravo:

Where can i find this manual you speak of ? sounds like the manual for my life lol +rep if i'm allowed just cause you made me laugh :bravo:
OK. Got another question. You mentioned "rep". My Mother always told me growing up I had a bad reputation. So did the parents of my many girlfriends. So, I'm guessing this is the only avenue where having a this rep is a good thing?
Coolness. I'll :popcorn:and :smokin:to that one....

Well............. it depends on the "rep" is it good rep ? or is it bad rep ? in the case of the rep i gave you it's a good thing. And as for your girlfriends and/or their parents well that one can only be answered by you and them . lol but :goodluck: with them non the less . Thanks again for the laugh

if you ask nice...a mod will clean up/fix your signature......they always do. I grow plants, Im not so good at the computer thing also.

Well............. it depends on the "rep" is it good rep ? or is it bad rep ? in the case of the rep i gave you it's a good thing. And as for your girlfriends and/or their parents well that one can only be answered by you and them . lol but :goodluck: with them non the less . Thanks again for the laugh

Check out this thread, it's everything you ever wanted to know about reputation but were afraid to ask. ;)

I am sorry if you were really asking about rep. It came across my ears and my brain said you were being funny again. My comment was in no way intended to offend or make you feel stupid . So if it did please accept my apology :roorrip: -

I am sorry if you were really asking about rep. It came across my ears and my brain said you were being funny again. My comment was in no way intended to offend or make you feel stupid . So if it did please accept my apology :roorrip: -
No offense taken-no apology needed. And you were once again correct. I'm an old smart ass who has learned life is far too short to get hung up on the petty things in life. I had the rep thing figured out with the exception of how it worked. I've had a few give me "rep" and that word brings back memories of making it into the local paper at least once a week for some BS infraction like spinning my tires, drag racing, causing cops to wreck their rides trying to catch me, ect. The BEST story I can remember was a Highway Patrol named Morgan had been harassing me off and on for over a year. The cards turned when I showed up at his door, with my 72 Chevelle SS to pick up his daughter for our date. When he answered the door, recognizing me, he immediately said no way. However, his daughter Peggy put him in his place, and after winking at him, and assuring him I'd take real good care of her, we left. The following Monday he arrived at my after school job wrenching for the local mechanic, he spun a deal with me. He'd never look my way again if I agreed to leave his daughter alone. Which, of course, being the distinguished young lad I was, I shook hands to our "deal". In coming from a small town, that "rep" made it difficult to date the locals anyway...so Id have to go a county or two over to make my proverbial "mark". SO, even though I REALLY wasn't a bad guy, just no father in his right mind would let his daughter date me. Now, I have a beautiful teenage daughter, and now I am faced with EXACTLY what those fathers feared...Little F'''ing pricks. Then they try to be nice and polite, shaking your hand with the "yes si"r BS....Yea right. Little pricks wanna be my friend? Then go change the oil on my truck. I have no further use for them....:yahoo:

Aint Karma a real bitch?:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom