Critique of my flowers

well just an update. My plants will be finishing there 7th week of flowering and are looking pretty good. I began flushing them the last week of flower with R/O water. According to the packet they should flower for 7-8 weeks. So I will be harvesting the buds soon. I will try and post pictures of the harvest and drying process. Right now though I can't post pics for some reason. The upload page always fails.

Its beautiful.

The trichome tips in the 2-11-2007 6:23pm picture look amber. How have they done since the 11th and have they gained any size at all? I hope the middle of the bud clumps haven't gone all woody. You'll find out when you dry and trim off the buds.

The trichome tips in the 2-11-2007 6:23pm picture look amber. How have they done since the 11th and have they gained any size at all? I hope the middle of the bud clumps haven't gone all woody. You'll find out when you dry and trim off the buds.

oh man :( Gorillabuds do you think I harvested too late? According to the packet of seeds I bought, it says 7-8 weeks of flower. I didn't want to harvest early and cut myself short after all the work invested. They have gained a bit in size but not much. I don't have a microscope but do have a photo loop. But that really doesnt help me tell the color of the trichomes.

By woody do you mean the actual bud is woody or the stem underneath the bud?

Oh one more question gorrila. I see your very knowledgeable on the topic of water. Does RO water normal have an acidic pH? Or do I need to change filters. Mine always seems to be around 6.0 Thanks

The time line on the packet is just an approximation. Your best bet is to watch the trichome's color and calyx swelling.

Simple rule of thumb for trichome colors:
clear = not ready
cloudy = racey, heady high
50:50 cloudy/amber = both head and body high
amber = heavy, couch lock, body high

well here are some pictures just before harvest

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_09831.jpg

Here are pics of the harvest. Please let me know what you think

-my white widow right befoe she was chopped up {:(
harvest021.jpg

-main cola
harvest011.jpg

-picture of a side bud before trimming
harvest031.jpg

-trimmed side bud
harvest041.jpg

I wasn't quite sure how exactly to trim it up, so I did my best. Let me know what you think. Did I take too much off?

-main cola with only fan leaves trimmed
harvest06.jpg

here are the last of the harvest pics

-total yield from my white widow after 7 weeks of flower
harvest07.jpg

-some of the yield from my bag seed plant.
harvest08.jpg

as you can see it didn't yield much bud but mainly leaves.

the 4 largest buds i have hanging in a room that is around 60-70 f and has a humidity of 30%
The rest of the smaller & medium sized buds I threw in a paper bag. I guess I'll just dry those buds in a paper bag and eventually add the 4 large colas in there also.

What does everyone think of drying directly in a paper bag without hanging? I will dry until stems crack and then place them in glas jars.

It's a happy sad moment when you finally get to chop her down. I love that feeling.

The WW looks fat and sassy! Nice job on her.

That bag plant looks way early from this distance. (Last pic) My 2 cents.

You could go straight to bag if you leave the top open and let them breath. It's a lot more "needy" if you don't dry it first so keep an eye on it.

Congrats!!!
Akorn:bongrip:

Thanks for the comment akornpatch. Your right those bag seed buds are way early, but I wanted to move in some clones into the grow room because they aren't doing so well under CFL's. I only harvested one branch from that plant, do you think I could keep it with the clones on a 18hr schedule and the buds still finish up?

oh man :( Gorillabuds do you think I harvested too late? According to the packet of seeds I bought, it says 7-8 weeks of flower. I didn't want to harvest early and cut myself short after all the work invested. They have gained a bit in size but not much. I don't have a microscope but do have a photo loop. But that really doesnt help me tell the color of the trichomes.

By woody do you mean the actual bud is woody or the stem underneath the bud?

Oh one more question gorrila. I see your very knowledgeable on the topic of water. Does RO water normal have an acidic pH? Or do I need to change filters. Mine always seems to be around 6.0 Thanks

Your buds look great and it looks like you didn't harvest too late. I agree with Akorn that the bag plant looks early.

About the water: Reverse osmosis water should have a completely neutral PH of 7.0 if it's working properly. Water is known as the universal solvent and the only thing that can change the PH of water is whatever is dissolved in it. If there are no dissolved solids in the water, the PH is neutral. You can buy a kit at just about any home center or pool store to check hardness. Check it for iron, too if you're on well water. I like running the water through a softener first. It simply makes the job easier for the RO to perform well.

Back
Top Bottom