Cross Pollination

Bonsai buds

I currently have a clone that was 4 weeks into flower that I have taken out of the 12 12 cycle and put it under 24 hours of light. Will this make the clone turn male? Will it produce seeds and Pollen?

I don't know what your plant will do. It might re-veg, or turn hermi. If it turns hermi, it might self-pollinate, and produce seeds.

If your goal is to produce feminized seed, from feminized plants, there are other ways to do this. Search for colloidal silver (CS), and silver thiosulfate(STS). Both are chemicals used to turn a branch of a feminized plant to a pollen producing male.

I don't know what your plant will do. It might re-veg, or turn hermi. If it turns hermi, it might self-pollinate, and produce seeds.

If your goal is to produce feminized seed, from feminized plants, there are other ways to do this. Search for colloidal silver (CS), and silver thiosulfate(STS). Both are chemicals used to turn a branch of a feminized plant to a pollen producing male.
Do you know what the pros and cons are to each chemical? I’ve never used either and would like to eventually make some of my own fem seeds to preserve strains I end up liking

My plan was to stress it out so I could get a few seed then use one of the male seeds to Pollinate my female later on I just don’t want it to pollinate all my female clones right now that’s why I was wondering if it put out pollen as well as shee pollinate my female later on I just don’t want it to pollinate all my female clones right now that’s why I was wondering if it put out pollen as well as seeds. But I will look into sets for sure. Thanks

It seems the methods I've found for using CS have limited success. STS seems to be more reliable. I intend to reverse on entire plant of each strain, collect the pollen, and use it to pollinate one or two branches of the other two plants of the same strain. I have no plans at this time of crossing the strains. I can't afford to keep buying seed, so I'll try to grow my own.

Back
Top Bottom