Curing--can I make it better

abzorb

A just got my share of a harvest from a co op and it seems like curing was not a priority which is a shame cause the buds look really good, dense with a lot of tric's but the buds smell very veggie and premature. I received the buds very dry. It does have hints of pine smell and taste so I know it has the potential.
Could I make it reach its full potential by re-hydrating and recuring. This bud should smell and taste much better than it does. I was thinking about re-hydrating sparingly and put them in a glass jar for a few months...??? what do you think?
Thanks all!
sourD1111111.jpg

sourD333333333.jpg
sourD222222222.jpg

Rehydrating bud doesn't allow for the proper curing process to happen... When you cut the plant and dry it, the proper drying measures allow the plant to essentially die slowly. Plant cells don't really die until they dry out, during the drying process there are chemical reactions happening in the cells while they die. Then the bud when it is at the proper moisture content(you don't want 0% water when you go to cure, more like 13-17%) you then jar it and another set of reactions take place in those jars. Gasses are released from the buds and these need to be exchanged. Rehydrating the bud will not bring back the properties that were lost in the improper processing of the plant. To bad too it looks good.

Thanks Brett2theMax, I'd like to pick your brain for a min. What do you think is the cause of the veggie smell/taste. Looking at the trics in the pictures, I don't think it was pulled too early, was it?
Had to be the curing, right?
What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Yes it was the processing after the harvest that gave it that grassy smell. It was because they didn't let it dry long enough and there is still chlorophyll in there. If I were in your shoes I would prolly just roll it up and smoke it, not a whole lot to do at this point other then that.

Back
Top Bottom