Curling underdeveloped leaves at the early veg. stage

Bonzaiaware

Hi. We are growing our fist cannabis plants from seeds. We seem to have an example of curling underdeveloped leaves at the early veg.stage. We use energy save 160 w equivalent lamp and tap water. We have noticed that the plants are not growing bigger leaves. The temperature is 25 C and we do spray them a bit a few times per day w distilled water. The soil has 15% perlite the rest is some generic organic soil mix. Are we having a PH problem ? I have just read online that our city has 8- something PH level. We have been giving them 24 hrs of light!, could this be a problem?
Please help !!!!!!!!!

pic30.jpg
curled2.jpg

8 is pretty high... dolomite lime will stabilize ph to 6.5. It's easy to overwater too

i like rainwater myself. You might even try using a little epsons salt on them to perk them up. They may have root lockout.

overwatering ?? looks pre moist in there

good luck w your first crop =D !!

Thank you very much for the answers guys. Thanks god it's raining today so we will use the rain water. The over watering guess might be right cuz I have noticed that the perlite at the bottom of the trays was not just wet it was almost floating in water. I have changed the perlite now.

We are having disagreements w my husband on the growing methods. We both use Jorge Servantes videos as reference but surprisingly there's still so many unknowns ! i personally feel that the spot he insists on is too bad, it's a cold boring corner. I think the plants would be better of where me myself would like to meditate. I guess I did too much LSD lol.

You're prolly right on that one ... they're still pretty tiny little gaffers and they do like some heat from below when they're wee seedlings and smaller (a la heatmat or environmental) ... and a bit better temp might help dissipate some of that moisture. you'll want to get it a bit dryer in that root zone or you will likely run into some problems with rot in the roots.

I'll send some warm, drying rootball energy to those wee babies in my meditation session today =D

On third glance ... it seems like the pH & moisture level are a bit of a double-whammy on those little babies ... correct those and maybe up-temperature a bit and your babies will likely perk up =D

It would be a plus to know what the PH runoff of the soil is.

Also, they look like they are stretching a bit. You may want to get them closer to the light source if you can.

25c is about right.

You may be over watering them as they look like they are pretty well hydrated... LOL

Are you feeding them anything? The reason I ask is that your soil being in your words "genetic" may not be feeding them anything at all!

If your water is really at 8... you may want to PH down some.

Back
Top Bottom