Day 2 of defolation experiment. At 30 day took fan leaves off..doing great

tozort

20130626_044754.jpg

View image in gallery

Re: day 2 of defolation experiment. ..At 30 day I took the fan leaves off..there doin

Gotta luv a naked skinny chic..........:thumb:

:laughtwo::rofl: Nice!

Re: day 2 of defolation experiment. ..At 30 day I took the fan leaves off..there doin

Sorry about that. Isn't to say what does removing the leafs do the plant?

Sorry about that. Isn't to say what does removing the leafs do the plant?

Yes...I am back to leaving the leaves on..I get bigger yields..This was fun...it didn't hurt the plant. But..I get better buds and more power with the old school :peace: way...feed them right..this is science.. Good luck..I use the Flora system from General Hydroponics..:420:

You need the fan leaves. they are like solar panels for the plant. helps produce buds. although defoliating some overgrowth fan leaves that may be casting too much of a shadow among other potential bud sites is a good idea in my opinion.

You need the fan leaves. they are like solar panels for the plant. helps produce buds. although defoliating some overgrowth fan leaves that may be casting too much of a shadow among other potential bud sites is a good idea in my opinion.

yes..good point..and true:thumb:

also.. I will add...get a good bulb...I get the best out there..Made a BIG difference in power ,taste,and size..

by Keef Treez "The Defoliator"

Defoliation is an extreme marijuana growth technique. It's not to be done lightly.

In fact, the topic of defoliation is one of the most controversial subjects in the marijuana growing field. People on both sides defend their position vehemently.

I'm on the side that believe there is absolutely nothing stressful about defoliation or bending branches. Honestly, there is no way to achieve nearly a pound of buds from a 2-3 foot tall plant indoors, except using defoliation.

Opponents often have arguments like, "PLANTS NEED THOSE LEAVES! If they didn't, they wouldn't be there."

Or my all-time favorite, "I have a friend who used to grow, and he insists that will hurt the plant."

Yet the saddest part of all is how so few people are willing to look at the evidence.

In some ways, I almost would prefer the rest of the growing world keep up their ill-advised lollipopping, removing growing tips, and other low-yield techniques. The defoliation technique has been loudly condemned by "experienced" growers for decades. Nevertheless, I am determined to educate other growers about defoliating and let them see the results for themselves...Ok? it was this guy that got me thinking..

Yes Lighting is def. important more lights and quality lights will make a world of difference. As for that thread, I also have read it before. I believe if you strip her correctly there will be some benefits. But you would really have to know the biology of plants. It is a really advanced technique. you would have to prune at the right locations at the right time. In my experience I gain wayyy better results by leaving my fans on! I do occasionally "prune" my plant to allow more light to access. When i did the defoliation I ended up with seeded bud, due to the stress I put them through . now I have luscious green healthy plants that produce more dense bigger buds.
Just know the true biology of plants, fan leafs are there for a reason we learn in 1st grade how plants eat through their leafs. if we cut them off how will they eat properly, where does the plant get its energy from now?

check out my youtube channel

Bubba kush & blue dream update - pt.3 - YouTube

Hope it helps ...happy Growing =)

Back
Top Bottom