DEA Raids Calif. Marijuana Collectives; Ignores New Federal Policy

"But I noticed in Prop 19 that state and local LEOs are not allowed to confiscate grows within the limits. Does this mean that they will be forbidden to help, aid or assist Federal LEOs when it comes to snatching pot from dispensaries and private homes?"

Yes, stonewallred, this is one of the most important limitations that prop 19 puts on local LEO's. They can no longer assist the Feds in cases that are legal by California standards.

Wish I had the answer. Anything that would keep more people out of jail and promote a meaningful dialog with appropriate parties would get my vote.
How can we get more people unafraid to converse?
I get less hopeful each day. But looking back over the past half century, things have changed and are changing, just very, very slow.
Smoke for a better tomorrow!

Get hopefull. Right now under the MMJ laws.. ground breaking breakthrough has come. the VA for veterans has recognized the MMJ helps the vets deal with their PTSD and is now recomending it... guess what... it can now be used in federal court. Now that is legalization.

Prop19 turns a simple infraction into 6 months in jail and 1000 dollar fine... now tell me that is not back ass word!

Decriminalizition... and not taxation to lay in bed with the feds who will line their pockets with rec users money!

Get hopefull. Right now under the MMJ laws.. ground breaking breakthrough has come. the VA for veterans has recognized the MMJ helps the vets deal with their PTSD and is now recomending it... guess what... it can now be used in federal court. Now that is legalization.

Prop19 turns a simple infraction into 6 months in jail and 1000 dollar fine... now tell me that is not back ass word!

Decriminalizition... and not taxation to lay in bed with the feds who will line their pockets with rec users money!

well that is if you give pot to a 18-20 year old right,,, what is the penalty for giving alcohol to a 18-20 year old? if you are over 21, you will be able to grow it and smoke it legally for rec purposes, employers will not be able to fire you for failing a pss test, and it opens the way for pot cafes...

and it has to be taxed.. it will be the only way that the gov't will ever accept it, and it will help rectify some of the huge budget shortfalls..

but if it fails, and the one in Mass passes,, well the other states will look at the first state to pass it and probably base their laws onthat,, so which would you prefer,, something like the CA initiative, or the Mass one?

...And everyone's still thinking the DEA will let Lee (or big tobacco ect) put medium and small farmers out of biz with 20 acre farms?

Any "legit" rec farmer paying taxes will be on a database list of grows and have extra felony charges to face.

My hope is the publicity of the DEA busting large 20 acre farms will be the the tipping point we need for federal legalization.

I had to know so I spent yesterday doing a little research. I just plain googled "why isnt pot legal? the answers were eye opening....

the biggest lobby to make pot illegal in the 20's & 30's...the cotton industry...hemp would have put them out of business

biggest lobbies against legal MJ today... most $ spent
cotton
pharmasuticals
tobbaco
alcohol

it was also suggested money from south of the border & large scale growers making huge contribrutions to protect their businesses

I had to know so I spent yesterday doing a little research. I just plain googled "why isnt pot legal? the answers were eye opening....

the biggest lobby to make pot illegal in the 20's & 30's...the cotton industry...hemp would have put them out of business

biggest lobbies against legal MJ today... most $ spent
cotton
pharmasuticals
tobbaco
alcohol

it was also suggested money from south of the border & large scale growers making huge contribrutions to protect their businesses

it is eye opening for sure. +reps. it's big corp. and big $$$ that now runs this country,, especially with the supreme court saying corp can buy as much political advertising as they want as free speech... why don't we just stop playing games and just have the corps run,, we could have president wally world, or president RJR, or president phizer, or president Mobil...lol

also when it was made illegal, another hidden reason was racism as well (most public users at the time were black jazz musicians). and they used it to scare people to go along,, the black man with his jazz music and evil weed will seduce all the white women... the same scare tactics that they all use to get everyone to go along with what they want.. kinda sad really.. hardly anyone actually thinks for themselves or does any research, it's whatever TV persoanlity they like the most that tehy get their "facts" from...

Back
Top Bottom