Decarbing post crockpot canacocobutter cook

Laliepop

At Hempcon a man gave a pro tip for making cococanabutter as decarbing your canabutter after you make it in the crock pot(or wherever). Said it increases potency if you cook the oil all by itself for 10 minutes post water separation to remove the rest of the Co2. Said it made it stronger. Does anyone else do this and are your results stronger THC or CBD levels?

thanks!
Laliepop

I do my decarboxylating before anything else. An hour in the oven at 240 degrees F will vaporize the H2O, release the CO2 thus converting the THCA into THC. If you cook with your cococannabutter, it would be a mute point to heat it before you cook with it.

Thank you Cannible. So, I don't need to slow cook to extract the THC and then re-cook for the cO2 to release if I'm going to cook edibles?

Your welcome Laliepop. I've never heard of post cooking decarboxylization. I've been making butter for years and years. I've made crazy strong edibles, never did any post cooking decarboxylization. I'm going to experiment when I get my HPLC repaired. The post decarb may help, but is definitely not needed. I haven't used a crock-pot for cannabutter in 6 years, it will be fun to go back to the old way a couple times!

What is a HPLC (sorry if I sound like such a newbie)? I too have made some crazy strong edibles and am looking to create consistency. Any advice you have relating to that is sooo appreciated. Sometimes I give myself a hangover and I prefer to be refreshed the next day after a good sleep. And do you know anything about Sunflower Lecithin? I understand it speeds up the absorption so it comes on sooner and doesn't last as long. Oh...in case it matters, I'm baking vegan gluten free. I'm also preparing to make candy so if you have any advice/recipes/ books that you recommend, that would also be gratefully accepted.

Thank you again Cannible

I think I found the source of the confusion. Tinctures!, but more on that later. When you smoke or vape, complete decarboxylation is inherent in the process (high heat). When you infuse butter, it involves some heating so some decarboxylation is inherent in the process, thus you should decarboxylate prior to infusing butter for consistent results. Now the fun part! when you make a tincture, there is no heating so you must decarboxylate for any degree of potency, if you forget to do it before, you do it after and fix it. I have never done this, but when I asked around, the answer came quickly. Supposedly you can see the CO2 / vapor bubbles escaping, pretty cool! A HPLC is a precision measuring device that can measure the THC and other trace components from a test subject.

Thanks Cannible! So, do you have your own HPLC and is what do you think of this one?

KGrHqJ_oQFJMkZM970BSUkdEYQDg_60_57.JPG

HI Cannible,

What is the process for testing if you would please share? Do I send in my cannibutter or the finished product for THC and CBD levels testing? Can I hire your company for this (sorry if it's obvious)?

Laliepop

Back
Top Bottom