Dennis Peron Raided In San Francisco

"Why now?" is the question everyone is asking since Leland Cole announced on Facebook yesterday afternoon that Dennis Peron was raided at his home in San Francisco.

Peron authored The Compassionate Use Act of 1996 (Proposition 215) and is regarded as the father of the medical marijuana movement.

Cole, founder and director of The International Cannabis Patients & Caregivers Clemency Project, reported that Peron, who was recovering from a stroke, suffered a seizure when The San Francisco Narcotics Squad broke down his door.

Cole reports that it was Detective Vargas, "partner of the narc who shot Dennis in '78," that lead the raid, which occurred on Wednesday.

Timing Is Suspect

The previous Sunday, 1 Aug 10, Mickey Martin, Associate Editor of West Coast Cannabis, announced Dennis Peron ends his campaign against Prop. 19, in which Steve Kubby claims he asked Peron to cease his criticism of Prop. 19 and that Peron had agreed to do so.

I've asked Dennis Peron to cease his criticism of Prop. 19 and he has agreed. Dennis gave me permission to make a public announcement, but I have also asked him to draft his own announcement as well.

The blog was subsequently amended as various people contacted Peron and reported that he had made no such agreement. According to Keith Kimber:

Dennis said to me, and I suggest you call and verify for yourself. He doesn't want 19 to lose by too much so he is done actively campaigning against it. Campaigning being the keyword.

On Tuesday evening at 10:18 pm PDT, Dragonfly De La Luz (who wrote a brilliant critique of Prop. 19), announced on Facebook that she just got off the phone with Peron and he told her he intended to actively resume his campaign against the initiative.

The next day Peron's door was battered in by the San Francisco Police Department.

Cole notes that the cops that raided Peron's home don't work that part of town.

Dana Beal and David Malmo-Levine are saying they believe it was an assassination attempt and note that Peron is well known to the police involved, that they roughed him up after battering down his front door, and that this excessive force is what caused Peron to have a seizure.

A series of devastating blows

On April 15, Tax Day, Jack Herer died. Affectionately known as The Hemperor, Herer authored The Emperor Wears No Clothes and is considered the grandfather of the marijuana legalization movement. This book, which is regarded as the bible of the marijuana movement, can be read free at his website.

Herer suffered a stroke last September at Hempstalk in Seattle. The stroke occurred minutes after he delivered a blistering condemnation of taxing marijuana. On 12 Sep 09, Herer spoke his last words:

I don't want to f**king give the United States government one f**king dollar of taxes. I think that they should go to f**king jail for getting you and me and 20 million people getting arrested for pot. It is the safest thing you can do in the universe. And that is what we are going to do in California. Okay? Come over to my booth, over there, and I will see you next time."

Peron suffered a stroke this past March. He had been scheduled to speak at The International Cannabis & Hemp Expo at the Cow Palace last April and was expected to deliver a resounding denunciation of Prop. 19. A week after the expo he announced he'd undergone surgery to unblock an artery, which was a success, and that was why he was unable to speak at the expo on April 19th.

Cole reports that after being raided Wednesday Peron was held overnight, was released the next day, that whatever charges were filed have been dropped, and that Peron is at home recovering.

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Examiner.com
Author: J. Craig Canada
Copyright: 2010 Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a Examiner.com

* Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

There is clearly more going on here than we're being told.

The cop that led the raid is FAGAN not VARGAS.Dennis did not have a seizure just some difficulty breathing & told friends he was not roughed up as previously reported.He also stated that " The raid had nothing to do with prop 19."

Looks like the raid was about the Bud and Breakfast. It's ironic that Peron is against Prop 19, when its implementation would have prevented the very raid that just happened. I suspect the cops just wanted to get their licks in, before November, while they still have the opportunity.

They'll always have the opportunity until things change on the federal level. But it's definitely a step in the right direction. Or a giant leap I should say. LOL.

I am with Dennis and Jack on this one. I am DONE giving the government any more friggin money. If they want to legalize it, without the government taxing it i would support it. Not until then.

Nicodemus, of course the government wants their pound of flesh. And who, in their right mind, actually wants to give it to them? But, weed grown for your own personal consumption will not be taxed. If you want to do business, well, that's another matter altogether. As a business woman, I've found that the tax structure is really on the side of the business person. It's the working stiffs that get hit with the big taxes. As a business, you can deduct all of your expenses, and if you are savy enough, you won't be paying much of anything. But the biggest payoff is, you won't get busted for doing what you love.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom