Denver Firefighters Find Marijuana Plants During Attic Fire, Call Cops

420 Warrior

Denver firefighters called police to the scene of a house fire early this morning after finding some marijuana plants in the home.

No one was injured in the fire at 4300 W. Fifth Ave.

The owner, who has a state license to use the weed for medical purposes, was legally growing a small number of plants, said Denver Fire Department spokesman Lt. Phil Champagne.

Neighbors called the department at about 2 a.m. reporting smoke in the area.

Firefighters found smoke venting through the roof of the house.

The fire was electrical in nature, said Champagne, and firefighters put it out in 30 minutes.

He said the fire doesn't appear to be connected to the small grow operation.

"There was pretty intensive smoke and water damage on the first floor and heavy fire damage throughout the home."

1_36_.jpg

News Hawk - 420 Warrior 420 MAGAZINE
Source: The Denver Post
Copyright: 2012 The Denver Post Corp

Vague horror story's... yuck. Could have been old faulty House wiring or many things the home owner did by accident. Be safe MMJ Growers. Check your Wiring & Loads.

Well, at least they didn't come out and lie, saying "It was all because of that grow operation, that caused the fire".

I'm honestly surprised, but pleased to see their truthful statements about this fire's origin...good for them! :)

As an electrictian I strongly urge all my fellow growers if your not comfortable with wiring your own setup don't be afraid to hire a professional! I've done many setups for people and the piece of mind that everything is up to building code and safe is priceless. Find a professional you trust they are out there.

Back
Top Bottom