Detox for a job

sassylassy

hi all, i'm new here. seems to be alot of really good info. i may or may not have to do a drug test for a new job i haven't smoked since aug 13th. and i havent really been smoking but for about 2-3 months not every day and only a few hits usually at night. was an everyday smoker for 25 years. i never had to do a drug test through out that time but now days everyone wants u to take one so my question is : ( mind you i haven't smoked for 3 1/2 weeks and i have some fat on me how much longer will it take to test free? by just not smoking and i drink plenty of water daily.

Im not going to advocate any type of product since you should be ok, if you didnt smoke excessively for 2-3 months before you gave up and have been off it completely for 3 1/2 weeks. To be double sure you want to drink around 2 litres of water the morning before the test, piss... and then repeat. Sometimes the test gets thrown out due to it being excessively diluted, to avoid this take a vitamin B12 suppliment (be sure to avoid multivitamins and vitamin C as this increases the concentration of THC), that will give your urine a nice yellowy, orange colour and masks any THC thats already there.
Hope this helps and it works out for ya.
All the best
GA

i have a question for you green advocate. i smoked twice in july once on the 10 and once on the 16th. that was the last time i did it. and each time i only took one hit from a bong. i have to go and do a hair folicle test on monday. will i pass? i got my hair cut last week and it's only about 2" tall.

heyyy sweetheart.... have you hurd of toxi-gone or u pass....
its the only stuff that works.... ive used it before for probation and got off papers....
its pretty kool, it masks the toxins instead of trying to get rid of them!!! and the u pass is synthetic urine!!! its the shit!!!

xoxoxo, crystal

i have a question for you green advocate. i smoked twice in july once on the 10 and once on the 16th. that was the last time i did it. and each time i only took one hit from a bong. i have to go and do a hair folicle test on monday. will i pass? i got my hair cut last week and it's only about 2" tall.

Hey man, unfortunately hair follicle tests are a whole nother kettle of fish. Ideally they will be looking for the 1 1/2 inches closest to the scalp, this should give them a reading for approximately the last 90 days. Unlike urine tests there is no way to temporarily flush the results (i.e. you cant make hair grow faster and then chop it off). Equally there is no chemical or nutrient which will mask either the level of concentration or the THC itself. Theoretically you should show up positive for THC on the test I'm afraid. I wouldn't believe any sort of remedy of soaking your hair in vinegar or anything, I see no basis for these to work.
Saying that, all hope is not lost. You will probobally be required to so a urine test first, if the results of the urine test are positive then they will confirm these results with the hair test (so you cant take legal action if they retest and are wrong). Hair follicle tests are expensive and very rarely used, usually they are simply kept as a backup. The way 'sediment' is stored in a hair follicle means that until the hair is cut off, reminents of the giveaway chemical will remain present, therefore traces from july will still be present. Considering you took such small amounts of THC in july, it is possible that the test will overlook this.

If i were you id go in there and interrogate them about the process, if its the secondary test then volounteer it along with a urine test, knowing you will pass the urine test and all will be well. If its the primary test then you can either not consent to it and go home or take it in the hope that they will somehow overlook the minute amounts of THC (not entirely impossible but i cant tell you the probability with any great certainty).

*alternatively you could try and bribe the doctor to switch the samples (perhaps replace yours with one of his own), you want to be subtle about it but $50 should do in this economic climate. ;)
All the best, sorry about the bad news.

Bribe a doctor with $50? Have you seen what they charge for a simple office visit, lol? Ok, it isn't likely to be a doctor that performs the test, but still, attempting to bribe the person is probably a sure way to lose any chance of getting the job.

Hair tests are becoming more and more common. My ex-wife used to work at a place that did them and the way she talked it wasn't just the $100K/year jobs that required them. No, I didn't question her about the mechanics of the test. Sorry. But I do seem to remember hearing that, like urine tests, there is a threshold (cutoff) below which you will not fail. I would think that two hits a week apart two months ago would be below the threshold - of a positive result, if not detectability - but I'm obviously not knowledgeable enough to know. So you might in theory still pass.

Good luck and please return and report the results.

I live in the UK, doctors are severely underpaid since our helathcare is provided by the state ( i exagerate somewhat). The bribery wasnt a serious suggestion, I grew up in a pretty corrupt middle eastern country where that sort of thing would have been standard. Equally I dont really know what $50 buys you nowadays, clearly not a negative drug test :)
Im no expert on the subject, only shared what i know, I dont know the level at which various tests do not register THC and wouldnt want them to have a false sense of security when going for the test.
Truth in the matter is that urine tests can often be done locally, the facilities required are easily accessible and cheap to use. Follicle tests on the other hand often need to be sent to national laboratories which delays the results and costs considerably more. Maybe more places are starting to use this kind of test but realistically the urine test is always going to be more practical, if you take a urine test, they reject your job application and you claim that it is for another reason (race, sex etc) they need more conclusive proof than just the urine test and they send off the hair that they took at the same time, that's what all the large agencies do obviously individual employers should be treated on a case by case basis.
All the best.
GA

Back
Top Bottom