DIY 50 site aero cloner for under $100.00

Where do you get the neoprene discs from? Or what do I have to buy in order to make them? What do you just cut them to the desired diameter and put like a 3/16 -1/4" hole in the middle for the cuttings branch/rooting area of the clone?

Now that you have a 50 site cloner is your veg and flower stage going to be aeroponic as well?

Interesting that you ask. While I know I could grow in this unit I'm using it strictly as a cloner. When my mothers are large enough to provide me with enough clones... I'm going to run a 112 plant, 2 liter SOG, using defoliation and growing Hempy style under dual 600 watters.

112_pots.jpg

hempy_medium_nutes.JPG

hempy_lights.JPG

I'm going to journal the grow so look for it.

Where do you get the neoprene discs from? Or what do I have to buy in order to make them? What do you just cut them to the desired diameter and put like a 3/16 -1/4" hole in the middle for the cuttings branch/rooting area of the clone?

Read the entire thread and you'll see this info. I bought the blue neoprene at a hobby shop and cut my 2" collars with sharp scissors. The holes in the top of the unit were cut with a 1 7/8" hole saw so the 2" collars fit perfectly. I already had the black collars that I had ordered off of Ebay years ago.

You don't drill a hole in the collars, you slit them into the middle so that it can open up like PacMan and just insert the clone. Check out this pic. Notice how the black neoprene collar is cut. Mimic that.

4in_setup_013.jpg

Thanks everyone.

O.K. .. based off of these two test clones it looks as if clones ran in this system will show roots in 7 days. By day 10-11 they're ready to be buried.

These pictures were taken 5 minutes ago:

Clone 1: day 11

11_days.JPG

Clone 2: day 7

7_days.JPG

As promised, I will show pics of an entire rooted lid in the near future.

Good growing friends,
420fied

Looking good. Will the 2 liter bottles with the plants in them be that close to one another during your flower phase? Also don't forget to post a link in this thread so we can follow your new journal. How many moms do you have going in order to take 100 something cuttings? I just put my 4/t month old dwc mom to flower she was getting out of hand. She could easily have taken from 50 to 100 cuttings.

Awesome cloner I'm going to make one forsure, but do you think a 10 gal rubbermade would do for less cloning sites. I will still get a high gph pump and just make a smaller pvc fixture for less sprayers. Is this a bad idea? Also, does the type of paint matter? I think certain chemicals might interact with the plants. Thanks for posting this and I definently wanna see that grow journal
:peace:

Read the entire thread and you'll see this info. I bought the blue neoprene at a hobby shop and cut my 2" collars with sharp scissors. The holes in the top of the unit were cut with a 1 7/8" hole saw so the 2" collars fit perfectly. I already had the black collars that I had ordered off of Ebay years ago.

You don't drill a hole in the collars, you slit them into the middle so that it can open up like PacMan and just insert the clone. Check out this pic. Notice how the black neoprene collar is cut. Mimic that.

4in_setup_013.jpg

I also admire your setup you have going on! Everything looks great!

I'm working on a modified version of a Stinkbud Sr. Aeroponics system using vinyl fence posts and i'm mounting my sprayers the same way you are, I'm wondering where you got your 1/4" ID hose grommets from... I don"t know if Lowes or Home Depot carries ones like yours, haven't been able to check yet.

Anyways, I'm tuned in to this thread!:goodluck:

Looking good. Will the 2 liter bottles with the plants in them be that close to one another during your flower phase? Also don't forget to post a link in this thread so we can follow your new journal. How many moms do you have going in order to take 100 something cuttings? I just put my 4/t month old dwc mom to flower she was getting out of hand. She could easily have taken from 50 to 100 cuttings.

Yes.... and I'm going to defoliate and SOG them. I have a friend who ran this exact set and averaged 16.8 grams per SOG cola in 2 liter bottles.

112x16.8g You can do the math.

I have 2 young moms going right now. One could give me 8 or 10 clones right now and the other is smaller than that.

Tune in for my journal. It'll be a good one.

Awesome cloner I'm going to make one forsure, but do you think a 10 gal rubbermade would do for less cloning sites. I will still get a high gph pump and just make a smaller pvc fixture for less sprayers. Is this a bad idea? Also, does the type of paint matter? I think certain chemicals might interact with the plants. Thanks for posting this and I definently wanna see that grow journal
:peace:

You can certainly do it in a 10gal. You can modify it as you need. It all depends on the number of clones you'll need. I needed over 100 so I went big.

I used simple flat black spray paint on my lid and everything is fine.

I also admire your setup you have going on! Everything looks great!

I'm working on a modified version of a Stinkbud Sr. Aeroponics system using vinyl fence posts and i'm mounting my sprayers the same way you are, I'm wondering where you got your 1/4" ID hose grommets from... I don"t know if Lowes or Home Depot carries ones like yours, haven't been able to check yet.

Anyways, I'm tuned in to this thread!:goodluck:

Those are 6mm grommets that I ordered online.

Back
Top Bottom