994.73 grams of Yara Liva Solution Grade calcium nitrate
30.86 gram of 11% DTPA Fe
14.54 grams of 13% EDTA Mn
3.78 grams of 15% EDTA Zn
2.52 grams of 15% EDTA Cu
2.22 grams of Boric Acid or 1.79 grams of Solubor
.06 grams of Ammonium Molybdate tetrahydrate
Top up to 1 gallon with RO/DI water or
Top up to 2 gallons with RO/DI water and then use twice as much as I will explain after

Generic Bloom Formula:

998 grams of Haifa Monopotassium Phosphate MKP (0-52-34)
667 grams of Epsom Salt (MgSo4 7H20)
Top up to 1 gallon RO/DI or
Top up to 2 gallons RO/DI and use twice as much
Real Ninjas keep the Epsom and the MKP in separate solution containers so that they might have the 2 components separate in case of one of these elements being deficient because of actual deficiency and not because of a lockout due to some other reason.

Each of these solutions are stirred for about an hour.
It's better to make them into a 2 gallon solution so you eliminate the chance of salts crashing out of solution due to the 1 gallon solutions going past the point of water solubility if the storage area where you keep the nutes gets a little too cold.You also don't need to mix the nutes prior to use if they are 2x diluted as suggested as long as the storage area is at least 40f.

When you use these nutes at the same dose as Lucas GH (if you made a 1x solution, 2x as much if you made the 1/2 strength [2 gallon] solution) you end up with a pH of around 5.4 (using the 8G-16B ratio ie Lucas ratio) and and same EC as Lucas GH. Some people like this low pH. If you don't like that low of a pH just add .833 ml per gallon of 5% potassium hydroxide solution to get it to around 5.8-5.9pH. First add grow, then bloom then pH it.

The money savings is incredible even for small scale growers. For large scale (300+ gallons of reservoir change per week, just an arbitrary figure) it is an absolute gold mine of savings and I find it works much better than store bought . All true players of the game use Potash of Lye solution to raise pH in hydro. Nothing works better to raise pH. You could tweak the formula to give you perfect pH (5.7-5.8) but it doesn't hold as well as just adding that little bit of potash of lye. Be so extremely careful mixing the Potassium Hydroxide flakes. Always add caustics (or acids) to water (with full face, eye, hand and body protection) and never the other way around unless you hate your eyesight or smooth skin.

DIY Bloom is 8 or 9 bucks a gallon (When you buy 50 lb. bags of Haifa MKP and Epsom in the same qty.)
DIY Grow is 4 or 5 dollars a gallon (When you buy 25 lb. bags of calcium nitrate but no need to buy micronutrients in bulk to get it down to this price)
The pH up is so inexpensive to make this way and that varies with chemical suppliers.

If you buy a pallet of (1 metric ton) of MKP, and 1 pallet of Epsom... the cost of DIY bloom goes down to $2.50 a gallon!!!!!
You could also buy the micro nutrients in somewhat of a bulk fashion (but not tons) and the calcium nitrate (in tons) and you'll get the price of DIY grow down to $2 dollars a gallon!!!!

Oh, by the way.All large scale plantation owners of food crops mix their own nutes. It's so easy to do. We DIY so many things to save money yet the biggest money savings is achieved with DIY nutes and very few people do it and it just happens to be the easiest thing you could implement in your hydro garden (to save major cash!!) but so many that I suggested this too actually threw vitriol at me instead of thanks.

Back
Top Bottom