Do you add a food source for fungal dominated tea?

pointer80

Hello all, I have raised some mycelium for a fungal dominated tea and was wondering do I add a food source such as molasses to the tea when brewing? I thought I seen somewhere that you put just a small amount of molasses in the mix? Also how long should you aerate fungal tea? Thanks all.

Hello all, I have raised some mycelium for a fungal dominated tea and was wondering do I add a food source such as molasses to the tea when brewing? I thought I seen somewhere that you put just a small amount of molasses in the mix? Also how long should you aerate fungal tea? Thanks all.

I am definitely not an expert on teas, but I have done a bit of research and brewed a few. For what it is worth, my understanding is that food sources like molasses are a great way to jump-start bacterial growth and multiplying. If you are going for fungal, which I believe is better suited to the flowering stage, I don't think that you would want to add a sugar, as that would drive up the bacterial population. However, I would wait to hear from those with more expertise.

Whats in your fungal tea??

You can add a cup of EWC - if you source your EWC from local woods it will also have more fungal attributes. Also will have food source for the mycelium.

i stopped adding sugar to my tea when I quite eating sugar. lol true story.

Teas I make now are EWC + Kelp Meal. Thats it.

1 cup ewc
1/2 cup kelp meal
bucket full of water
stir and/or aerate. 24 hrs or overnight is good enough.

Can strain and foliar on as well as watering in.

Whats in your fungal tea??

You can add a cup of EWC - if you source your EWC from local woods it will also have more fungal attributes. Also will have food source for the mycelium.

i stopped adding sugar to my tea when I quite eating sugar. lol true story.

Teas I make now are EWC + Kelp Meal. Thats it.

1 cup ewc
1/2 cup kelp meal
bucket full of water
stir and/or aerate. 24 hrs or overnight is good enough.

Can strain and foliar on as well as watering in.
Thanks, I mixed some of my EWC, compost, A little 3 yr. old aged horse manure, a little aged rabbit manure. I mixed glacial rock dust and ground up oats and put on top for the mycelium. I do have some kelp meal and some kelp meal that's been hydrated also.

Back
Top Bottom