do you decarboxylase?

estranged

hey everybody ,,
just wanting to get some feedback on whether or not people find it beneficial to decarboxylase their weed?
such as baking it for (insert temp) for (insert minutes).

i personally have never tried this as i am not confident that i wouldn't burn away thc,, that and also most of the weed i get is usually fully cured already, or would it still be beneficial to decarboxlase cured buds??

or is this something that happens when weed is smoked or vaped,, and just pertains to cooking and extracting thc?? :scratchinghead:

Re: do you decarboxylase??

decarboxylase

Never heard of it, excuse me while I look it up :cheesygrinsmiley:
That's over my head :cheesygrinsmiley:
"Any of various enzymes that hydrolize the carboxyl radical."

"Many enzymes catalyze the decarboxylation of organic acids. The mechanisms utilized by biological decarboxylases often involve the formation of covalently bound intermediates that provide a means of stabilizing the anion formed upon loss of carbon dioxide through resonance (such mechanisms often involve cofactors such as thiamin diphosphate and pyridoxal phosphate)."

^^^^ Yeah, in English please? hahha

Thats what i was thinking when i read his original post, but it seemed like he was talking about something else. Good to know how it technically works.

well what i mean is,,

i have seen a few various posts and statements that

Thc boiling point ----- 355 - 392 F
( point which thc vapors form)

point at which thca is converted to thc------ 220 F
(point which carboxyl group is removed from thc to make it psychoactive)

so i mean should i bake my weed at 220 F for say like 10 - 20 minutes to convert all thca to active thc before smoking,, or just smoke it and it will convert as being burnt,,i keep telling myself that if i convert it all first maybe more will be available to be burnt as active thc when smoked instead of being burnt off as inactive thca,,
if that makes any sense im not too sure,,,lol
but i am going to try it anyways right now and see,,
im going to do about 5 grams at 215 F for 5 - 8 mins and then test smoke it,, wish me luck,, :)

at any rate i do kinda think that it would be beneficial before making and cannabutter or hash or oil though,,
so going to smoke tiny bit and then make some qwiso and compare to last batch made with same stuff but roughly twice as much,,anyways im blabbing,,,

well just did it kinda i guess,,,

um i kinda chickened out and instead of doing the 5 grams out of only 11 grams of the good bud i had i did about 6 grams of trim and shake of it and about 5 grams of some kinda beaster looking mids,,lol,,,

well i dont think i will do it again because of the smell alone when i opened the oven door after only 8 mins at 210 F,,
uh oh,, that smells like thc burning,,lol
after taking it out the shake actually looked like it burnt off some of the thc,,but i think because the shake was already cured really well the decarboxylation already took place,,, the beaster mids (as i call it, maybe just optimistic) ,, kinda looks the same only seems cured better, just smoked some and kinda does seem like a little stronger or just hits faster,, but could be placebo,,

in general i would say that as long as the weed is properly cured than this is of no benefit and actually could be dentrimental to the thc,, but basically if you gots some beasters :( ,, than this may or may not help,,, hahaha
more of just a quick cure as i originally thought and there is no way to make weed any better than what it is,, :)

p.s by the time i was done rambling all this i have smoked about a joints worth of the beasters and well i actually do think it was very beneficial,, but as stated the beasters obviously did not seem properly cured and this as a quick cure did seem to help the potency more than just placebo effect,,,

p.s.s. i would definitely say this helps the beasters weed as i hear some call it,, very much more "stoned" than previous two times smoking this or actually have been in a long while,, but have been smoking some skywalker for about 2 months and maybe just the different weed might be the main cause ,, i don't know,, lol ,,but will for sure be doing this with the rest of the beasters,,, :)

Back
Top Bottom