Do you foilage feed? How?

There isn't a smaller seltzer that I am aware of. I never saw one with salt either. It always said sodium free. I guess it depends where you live or what the store you goes to sells. When I used to drink it, I only bought it in the supermarket not a cheapy store so maybe that is why. Now I only drink regular water. I don't want the carbonation.

There isn't a smaller seltzer that I am aware of. I never saw one with salt either. It always said sodium free. I guess it depends where you live or what the store you goes to sells. When I used to drink it, I only bought it in the supermarket not a cheapy store so maybe that is why. Now I only drink regular water. I don't want the carbonation.

Ms.Alien8..

Well here they do have small (8oz I think) Bottles of the "Seltzer Water" but it is not the *Sodium Free* Type,, or at least it does not say it.. The one's I buy do say *Sodium Free* in BIG Letter's.. ..:)

All bottles have ingredients check them you may be surprised. Let me know cause now I am curious and next time I go to the supermarket in my new community I am going to look at the seltzer out of curiosity.

I think it is kind of like when the sodas that never had caffeine started putting caffeine free on the label. It is all just marketing. I could be wrong.

I mist my veg plants twice daily with rain water that I save, sometimes more in summer when it gets warm in the house, as far as clones go, I spray them even more until I see roots, then I back off to just twice daily. I have cloned about 30 plants and havent lost on yet, peace all!

I mist my veg plants twice daily with rain water that I save, sometimes more in summer when it gets warm in the house, as far as clones go, I spray them even more until I see roots, then I back off to just twice daily. I have cloned about 30 plants and havent lost on yet, peace all!

During the veg cycle, I try to mist the plants with ph'd water once or twice a day. Soak 'em up good. I stop that practice when I go into flower.

Peace

Sam

I always mist my plants with plain ph'd water, twice a day in veg. I also lightly foliar feed, twice a week. Not only does it raise the humidity around the plants, it also provides very helpful trace elements that the plants otherwise might not get(especially in soil). Here is a paragraph explaining effectiveness:

""Dr. H.B. Tukey, renowned plant researcher and head of the Michigan State University (MSU) Department of Horticulture in the 1950s, working with research colleague S.H. Wittwer at MSU, first proved conclusively that foliar feeding of plant nutrients really works. Researching possible peaceful uses of atomic energy in agriculture, they used radioactive phosphorus and radiopotassium to spray plants, then measured with a Geiger counter the absorption, movement, and utilization of these and other nutrients within plants. They found plant nutrients moved at the rate of about one foot per hour to all parts of the plants."[2]

Foliar feeding is considered especially useful for introducing trace elements, or for "emergency" feeding of plants which are found to have a specific shortage. But in some cases, with tomatoes, for example, it is believed that foliar feeding during flower set causes a dramatic increase in fruit production."

+reps bro!

What about the worm tea does anyone use this to mist with? From the little experiance I have with the worm castings in a soil grow im woundering what the outcome of misting with the worm tea would do? I know that when I grew a plant in worm casings instead of soil I got a monster that got me higher than anything I have ever had before or after that plant..

Thanks, DF, CellophaneSam, you're both two more growers that do mist.so far, most posting here do mist

Foliar feeding is a great option! Of course, it is not for everyone. but I am not sure I understand the reasoning behind posting something that says "no" but offers no explaination. Just odd to me.

Anyway, foliar feeding has it's pro's and cons, like anything else.

While hydroponic crops may appear to be supplied with optimal nutrition via a well balanced and formulated nutrient, they still benefit from the application of foliar fertilizers. Studies have shown that hydroponic crops such as capsicum, treated with a micro nutrient foliar applied solution, had an increase in fruit yield over control plants and also an increase in the compound capsaicin in the fruit tissue. Hydroponically cultivated potato plants also showed similar results. Potato plants given foliar fertilization treatments with a micro nutrient solution not only had a greater tuber harvest, but also higher dry matter of the whole plants. Rockwool grown tomato crops have shown both yield and fruit quality improvements when given a weekly foliar feed of a micro nutrient complex. These results would also be expected on a number of hydroponic crops with similar nutrient requirements and thus the process of foliar fertilization is a cultivation technique that should be considered as more than just a 'quick fix' for mineral deficiency symptoms.

n soilless systems such as hydroponics, many nutrient interactions can occur within the root zone which makes it difficult for the plant to absorb certain minerals. Even well run hydroponic systems can become deficient in nutrients - either because of nutrient depletion, antagonism between certain elements, or due to elements becoming 'bound' and therefore unavailable for plant uptake. Imbalances in the combination of nutrients, pH levels which are too high or low for maximum plant uptake and poor physical properties of the media surrounding the root zone, including oxygen starvation are more common in soilless systems than many growers realize. Furthermore, elements such as iron, an essential trace element, can not only be prone to becoming unavailable for plant use at moderate to high pH levels, but uptake by the plant can also be severely limited under certain environmental conditions such as cool temperatures. Iron chlorosis in many crops which are overly stressed by low temperatures can be a common problem where root uptake is the only source of iron for the plant.

Any situation which damages the root system or restricts its growth, development or physical process such as respiration affects the uptake of minerals. Plant pathogens such as fusarium pythium and phytophthora can not only rapidly destroy a crop, but low, less damaging levels can restrict function of the root zone to the point where mineral uptake is affected. While the crop may not show signs of severe infection, mineral and water uptake can be restricted and therefore crop yields and quality are affected. Other plant stress conditions such as anaerobic conditions in the root zone where oxygen is deficient, can limit nutrient uptake, with trace elements such as iron often affected to the greatest degree. Any other condition which stresses the plant - temperature stress, high or excessively low humidity levels, lack of light, high radiation levels, high plant densities, presence of pests or disease, will affect the efficiency of the root system in taking up mineral elements. These conditions are common and occur in many growing systems from time to time without the grower even realizing that plant growth and mineral uptake is being limited in some way. It is under these types of situations that foliar feeding has its greatest advantage. Since plant stress is dependent on a number of factors --- many are environmental, which growers have limited control over, foliar fertilization provides an 'insurance policy' against yield and quality loss from limitations in root mineral absorption and transportation.

:bravo::bravo: That was wonderful information I think I will try it my next grow. I was scared of more issues in the past.

You started saying that there were some negatives as well. Can you tell me some.

Wish I could rep you twice for this post at least I got you once.

Every day I raise the light up, turn it off, then mist them in front and in back of the leaves, wait 20 minutes, turn the light back on. Oh yeah, I also play music for them during that time, usually some Marley :ganjamon:

After reading this thread it seems I should use filtered water. Right now I just use tap water PHed to around 6-6.5.

I haven't foliar fed at all yet. Not opposed to it, just don't want to worry about overfeeding right now.

I never foliar feed nor mist my clones. Vigorous growth naturally ensues.
I want water transpiring from stomata, not absorbing into leaves.

why cut your options short??? yeah they will grow naturaly, why not do other things to promote faster growth? IT seems to me that if the leaves are on the plant to help it gather light and soak up nutes then why not feed them directly?? Maybe its just me but I am FIRM BELIEVER that Roseman would not post how to's and D.I.Y. post if they were not a good option?
WHAT A GREAT IDEA IM GOING TO START FOLIAGE FEEDING AND MISTING REGULARLY.. we grow indoors and try to replicate the outdoors as much as possiable.. now I cant speak for everyone but my plants and shrubs in my yard seem to love the fact that the morning dew collects on them.. seems totaly natural to me. so why not DUPLICATE NATURE and mist? or am I just wrong?

Back
Top Bottom