Does anyone...

DiM3y

Hey guys and gals, i was just wondering, does anyone listen to either happy hardcore or gabba? (I'm not a raver...)

Yes!

Both are really great forms of electronic/bass. Lol..I'm not a raver myself, though I went to my share of them while they were still semi-legal/illegal over here by me. Now, they simply don't happen out this way unless a private session can be held in complete secrecy (due to Chicago's 'Crack House' Law). My preference is mainly all forms of trance, along with ambient, trip-hop, hard house, some drum n bass, and UK Progressive.

But yeah, I like both. :tommy:

I heard "happy Hardcore" about 3 years ago, from some chik i used to work with and i thought it was the most god-awfull thing ive ever listened to. Then i heard my chemical shitfuck and saw the new green day and my preception of god-awfull rose to a whole new level. :peace: :bong: :joint:

Tyler J said:
I heard "happy Hardcore" about 3 years ago, from some chik i used to work with and i thought it was the most god-awfull thing ive ever listened to. Then i heard my chemical shitfuck and saw the new green day and my preception of god-awfull rose to a whole new level. :peace: :bong: :joint:

It's a hit or miss with Happy Hardcore. Some DJ's, like Force & Styles and BabyDoll, can produce some deep, well orchestrated tracks. Other tracks can sound like some 4th. grade level shit that a candy-clad raver could only appreciate. All of that "land of chocolate rivers and candy flowers" bullshit that demands the attention of ecstacy and backrubs.

:smokin:

Nice equilibrium, i don't like much of the oldskool happy hardcore, with all that candy raver shit, but yeh i like all that trancey stuff, like from Scott Brown and Sharkey. Tyler J you prob just heard all that crappy, i love rainbows shit that sound like they are all about to have one big massive huggin orgy. Have you heard the real dark shit, gabba? i dunno what it is about trance n shit, but it is so good to listen to when stoned, it just makes you feel the high so much betta i reckon.

Psytrance i could go on and on naming ya djs so ill just give ya a few basic ones

Infected Mushroom (make sure its the cities of the future album since the rest is more of morning trance)
Skazi
Talamasca
Astrix
1200 Mics
Hallucinogenon
Pixel
Sub6
Neo Logic
Sharigrama
Vatos Locos
Mexican Trance Mafia
Melicia
Neuromotor

yah that should get ya started

PsYkO420 said:
Psytrance i could go on and on naming ya djs so ill just give ya a few basic ones

Infected Mushroom (make sure its the cities of the future album since the rest is more of morning trance)
Skazi
Talamasca
Astrix
1200 Mics
Hallucinogenon
Pixel
Sub6
Neo Logic
Sharigrama
Vatos Locos
Mexican Trance Mafia
Melicia
Neuromotor

yah that should get ya started

Nice list! :cool:

I saw Infected Mushroom live probably 4 1/2 years ago. It was a really nice set, better than most live arrangements. I'll have to hit up some of the other artists on your list. I'm assuming some may be local DJ's.

I like Gabba as well. It's not a favorite, the 909 hits a bit too hard, too fast for my tastes. I like the unharnessed sound of Gabba, but it bleeds my ears a bit too harsh, LoL. I've always preferred Trance. Mainly Deep, Psycho, Ambient, and of course Traditional (Japanese Trance). I like how Taiko style drums intertwine with the electronics.

Back
Top Bottom