Does enriched organic potting soil require nutrients?

Agen36

I don't want to burn my ladies with nutrients if they don't need them.

60 days in they look decent and I know that under normal conditions I should feed them.

However, I used a greatly enriched organic potting soil to begin with and hesitate to add nutrients. I tested
the soil a couple of days ago and PH, NPK levels are all good.

Your advice is welcomed.

Thanks

If you checked everything and the soil came with some extra oomph - I wouldnt add nutes. Im using Fox Farm Original Planting mix and that also has some extra goodies in it and I was told to stay away from nutes for basically my whole veg cycle. So far, so good. My two-week old seedlings are cranking right now. :bravo:

If you veg a loooong time then towards the end you could prolly do a half-strength feeding or two.

howdy Agen!!

im the same! in my soil grows i ALWAYS go with a home made- enriched soil mix.... no better way to start a plants life than with good dirt!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

i personally find with my own grows that i dont need to feed AT ALL during the vegetative stages.. and for me that is usually around 2-3 months veg time... when i turn them over to 12/12 i wait a week then add a DILUTED feed to one plant only, to test the waters so to speak... and if that plant doesnt show any signs of nute burn i test all the plants, again WITH DILUTED nutes only.. if they dont show any signs of burn i will feed again the following week- diluted nute mix.. then raise the potency of the nutes the 3rd week.. and gradually increase nute mix to max feeding(based on my feeding schedule) right up till 2 weeks out from harvesting.. after which time i flush with water only...

i think if you wanted to start feeding your plants then try something similar by testing with a DILUTED nutrient mix and see how your plant(s) respond... if they dont show any signs of burn then you may be safe to GRADUALLY(over the next few weeks) increase your feeding ratio untill you reach max levels. 2 mnths(60 days) is a good period of time.. and i think you would be more than justified to want to try to optimize your plants growth as much as you can by proceeding with feeding.. as any grower would! especially ME :cheesygrinsmiley:

so to recap! just test a plant(with DILUTED mix) and see how it reacts.. if it shows signs of burning you can immediately flush it with cool water and let it recover.... cool/cold water flushing also helps anaesthetize the roots and aids in their recovery if infact they do suffer nute burn.

my 2 cents worth!

all the best!
Peace:peace::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom