Double Take: Georgia Police Arrest Man Twice In Day On Same Drug Charge

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Albany authorities did a double take when they arrested a man twice on the same drug charge in one day. Authorities said a man, 26, was charged with possession of marijuana around noon on Friday after police pulled him over during a routine traffic stop.

He was sent to the Dougherty County Jail and released on bond four hours later.

But Bill Berry of the Albany-Dougherty Drug Unit says police soon received a tip that the man was trying to set up a drug deal. He said the suspect was arrested again at 6:30 p.m. Friday after authorities found him with two ounces of marijuana on him and charged a second time with possession of the drug.

This time, though, Berry said he stayed in Dougherty County Jail with no bond.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: latimes.com
Author: Associated Press
Copyright: 2010 The Los Angeles Times
Website: Double Take: Georgia police arrest man twice in day on the same drug charge - latimes.com

That proves that law enforcement is not ANY deterant to use of Cannabis. I know I would have been scared by a bust earlier in the day. Others will just look at the guy and think what bad luck or what loser...; I would not be one of those people. I would say the person is just going about his regular business. Getting busted is part of the risk. If it was legal to use we would not have wasted (how many manhours & space in a cell) for a person that went right back to business as usual. Who can explain to me how tossing this guy in jail is going to help society? If no one is harmed, where is the crime? No one has ever been able to explain the benefits of prohibition to me. As far as I can see, this whole farce is just a sick make-work project, filling prisons to make fatcat investors richer than they already are. Can anyone straighten me out here?

Back
Top Bottom