Dozens Attend South Carolina Compassionate Care Alliance's Medical Cannabis Symposium

Ron Strider

The South Carolina Compassionate Care Act would allow qualifying patients with debilitating medical conditions and a recommendation from their physician to use and access medical cannabis.

The act was introduced at the beginning of the year.

Sunday, the South Carolina Compassionate Care Alliance hosted a medical cannabis symposium to share information on medical cannabis and the act.

Jamie Gainey suffers from epilepsy and traumatic brain injury. He uses cannabidiol (CBD) oil to help with his symptoms.

"All of those symptoms have dissipated to some extent from taking those and it's really beneficial," Gainey said.

"Very specific to patients that have particular debilitating conditions and they must be overseen by a physician, and then they register with [Department of Health and Environmental Control] DHEC," Jill Swing, President of South Carolina Compassionate Care Alliance, said.

"I brought home a different child, let me just put it that way... I know it's worth fighting and it may not be a cure but if it improves her quality of life then at the end of the day, that's what we're all looking for," Swing said.

Others are not sure if they support the act, "I'm a little skeptical because of some of the affects I see on how it reacts on some people," Mekel Thompson said.

CBD_Oil_-_Flickr.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Dozens attend South Carolina Compassionate Care Alliance's Medical Cannabis Symposium | WPDE
Author: Rosalia Fodera
Contact: Myrtle Beach/Florence Contact | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | WPDE
Photo Credit: Flickr
Website: Myrtle Beach/Florence News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | WPDE

Back
Top Bottom