Drooping Leaves?

voltron

Hello 420, I am in week 3 of vegging hydro grow, and this morning my babies are really drooping. Tomorrow I will be changing my res with full strength nutes. It will be a week tomorrow since they have been feed. I think/hope they are sleeping despite the lights are on. (18/6 schedule) I believe that plants will sleep and wake on their own terms, at least during vegetation. But I am new to all of this. Anyone that can help ease my mind this morning with a response I would appreciate it. By the time I check them in couple of hours they might be standing tall again! :smokin:

Temps/Humidity 76degrees 40%
Bagseed

I watched as two hydro grows did the exact same droopy leaves.Can't remember where later in one of the stickys i read."Too much water".My two grows both died a watery death and i gave up. That,s when i read the sticky and saw a pic.
Too much water!it was hydroponic! Picture was worth a thousand words.

I watched as two hydro grows did the exact same droopy leaves.Can't remember where later in one of the stickys i read."Too much water".My two grows both died a watery death and i gave up. That,s when i read the sticky and saw a pic.
Too much water!it was hydroponic! Picture was worth a thousand words.

Wouldn't that be ironic? If you run across the link, let me know. Thanks for the response. Dr. Doom. LOL. Just kidding. :peacetwo:

I accidentally did pinch and got two cola's once.I did FIM a plant according to some pics i saw in the forums .so far that too is working.I did it to only a few preflowers on 1 plant incase I F'd it up.

Cool Gman, glad to hear your is going well. Now for a barage of questions: At what stage did you fim/supercrop? Did you use a flexible razor or a firm one to fim and, how much of the node did you leave intact? O.K. that wasn't that too bad: ) Thanks man, I've looked at the fim thread as well that shows a animated pic of where to cut. I am so nervous. LOL. I think I should leave the one alone that I pinched for now. The leaf on the one side started to wilt, but it is mostly intact and still green and a bushy plant. I have another one that is three days younger, and not as bushy but just as tall now with I think one less level of branches. I haven't touched this one... yet. This is fun. :thumb:

What type of hydro system are you running?

How often and how long do you run your pump for?

If it is Ebb and Flow, I would run your pump 3-4 times daily for 15 minutes each time. This will help if you are over watering.

Smokey, here are the specs and I'm not sure what you call the system I'm using. 32x32x62" tent fully reflective, 2-5gal lowes buckets with 10" netted pots filled with hydroton rocks and the seedling was planted in rockwool and placed in the hydroton. The water is ph'd at 6.0 respectfully, using the dropper and chart comparison tester. I also have two soil grows in small 4" tall containers.

I cut a hole in the buckets to run my air line to the bluestone at the bottom of the buckets from the pumps that are outside the tent. (tubing runs thru an intake/exhaust hole on tent. The pumps run 24/7. I am using 4-26 or 27 watt that say 100watt equivalent cfl's over each hydro plant about 2-4" and the 2 soils share 4 of the same cfl's. I have carbon filter and a 4" inline exhaust fan, the fan is on top of the tent where an exhaust hole is and a sleeve runs from that inside the tent, and I slid ducting into that sleeve and the other end has the filter attached. I run fan while the lights are on and I leave the two intakes open at the bottom 24/7. The intakes are rectangular in shape 12"wx6"h. My light cylce I am on is 18/6, day 18 for drooping plant and 14 for others. Temps have been stabling at 80-84 with a 40-45 humidity. Replaced res's with 1/2 strength nutes 7days ago. I changing res water today and tomorrow morning, with full strenth Gen Hydro Nutes.
I think that's it. Thanks again. Pics would be great and hopefully within a week away. Thanks again. :peacetwo:

Hello 420, I am in week 3 of vegging hydro grow, and this morning my babies are really drooping. Tomorrow I will be changing my res with full strength nutes. It will be a week tomorrow since they have been feed. I think/hope they are sleeping despite the lights are on. (18/6 schedule) I believe that plants will sleep and wake on their own terms, at least during vegetation. But I am new to all of this. Anyone that can help ease my mind this morning with a response I would appreciate it. By the time I check them in couple of hours they might be standing tall again! :smokin:

Temps/Humidity 76degrees 40%
Bagseed

I'm wondering if you might have too many nutes in your grow. I don't ever do full strength so maybe that's it?

The humidity also seems a little low to me.

Hope that helped a little.

Sounds like a DWC setup to me. I would wait on that full strength of nutes, and if you have the means, get a PPM tester to see exactly what your H2O is containing. I agree with Motherhugger that it could be the nutes. When I did hydro, I never went over 30% of what General Hydroponics suggests.

Temps are a bit above optimum range, but they are not bad by any means. But, depending on the plant, she might like it a little cooler. Trial and error my friend!

I'm wondering if you might have too many nutes in your grow. I don't ever do full strength so maybe that's it?

The humidity also seems a little low to me.

Hope that helped a little.

Thanks MH, I used 1/2 strength nutes last week, and was thinking about going to the full schedule. I was thinking that after the first two weeks for the hydro grow I might be safe, but maybe I will scale that back a bit. I wouldn't mind having my humidity up a lil, I've read that low humidity is generally better during flowering due to the fact that the buds will produce more resin during the low humidity times. Thanks for the response.

Sounds like a DWC setup to me. I would wait on that full strength of nutes, and if you have the means, get a PPM tester to see exactly what your H2O is containing. I agree with Motherhugger that it could be the nutes. When I did hydro, I never went over 30% of what General Hydroponics suggests.

Temps are a bit above optimum range, but they are not bad by any means. But, depending on the plant, she might like it a little cooler. Trial and error my friend!

Thanks for the advice, I will most def back off on the nutes! And I will take a close look at the temp/and their look right when lights are on. This may give me an idea if one or all like the cooler temps as opposed to high temps when the lights are running. I will work on getting the temps down. Thanks guys.

Just wanted to quickly add that low humidity is very important during flowering because high humidity makes your buds more susceptible to mold, which can ruin an entire crop fast. If your humidity is a little higher than you like, then just carefully check your plants daily for mold, and I would run your exhaust and circulation fans 24/7 if you are not already doing so.

Keep up the good work bro!

Just wanted to quickly add that low humidity is very important during flowering because high humidity makes your buds more susceptible to mold, which can ruin an entire crop fast. If your humidity is a little higher than you like, then just carefully check your plants daily for mold, and I would run your exhaust and circulation fans 24/7 if you are not already doing so.

Keep up the good work bro!

Excellent Smokey, my humidity stays within 40-50%. The last week it has stayed at 40%. I have been running the exhaust fan only with lights on, but tonight I will take that off the timer and it will run 24/7. I still don't have a circulation fan as of yet and it has been 3 weeks, I hope my plants don't hate me for it and repay with a set of sacs on them. LOL. But, thanks again for the advice and luck! :peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom