Dropping leaves

matttimo

420 Member
Hi, first time grower here!
First of all - Damn its hard to grow! I have issues almost every week..

Today I noticed very droopy leaves. The leaves look big and maybe are drooping because of the weight.

What can I do here? The coco coir is almost dry. Going to water them when they wake up in 6h.

Equipment:
Lights: 2x San Light Q4W in 1m2
Medium: Biobizz Coco Coir
Nutrients: Biobizz
Using tap water with 246ppm
Strain: Green gelato

20210823_175316.jpg

20210823_175345.jpg

Hi, first time grower here!
First of all - Damn its hard to grow! I have issues almost every week..

Today I noticed very droopy leaves. The leaves look big and maybe are drooping because of the weight.

What can I do here? The coco coir is almost dry. Going to water them when they wake up in 6h.

Equipment:
Lights: 2x San Light Q4W in 1m2
Medium: Biobizz Coco Coir
Nutrients: Biobizz
Using tap water with 246ppm
Strain: Green gelato

20210823_175316.jpg

20210823_175345.jpg
Do not let coco dry out and always water thoroughly
Using BioBizz in coco you must use CaMg and an enzyme product such as ActiVera, pH 6-6.3
The plant looks a little N heavy - if you're giving 3ml/L Gro, try 2ml Gro/1ml Bloom to balance up the P

Hey Mattimo,

Yeah that level of droop is not good.…..it’s not the weight of the leaves either. So coco is not the same as soil and the rules for coco are totally different…. coco is considered drain to waste hydro so hydro rules apply. This means your ph should be adjusted to 5.8. Also coco is totally inert as in there are zero nutrients in coco to sustain a plant so it must be bottle fed nutrients. Since coco is inert plain water or plain ph adjusted water does nothing for your plant - it needs to be fed quarter strength nutes at every feeding. Adding cal mag is important in coco grows and you defs need a good ph pen plus ph up and ph down solution.

If you mix a gallon of nutes at a time then by next feeding the ph will have changed so it’s best to learn to do the math and mix small fresh batches

10 mil per liter
5 mil per half liter
2.5 mil per quarter liter….. all of these are same strength just smaller batches

feed every other day on seedlings, feed 1X per day when plant is larger, feed 2X per day when she’s really big and feed 3X per day in flower, feed to runoff each time, worry about your input ph or ppms but forget about checking runoff numbers

Hey Mattimo,

Yeah that level of droop is not good.…..it’s not the weight of the leaves either. So coco is not the same as soil and the rules for coco are totally different…. coco is considered drain to waste hydro so hydro rules apply. This means your ph should be adjusted to 5.8. Also coco is totally inert as in there are zero nutrients in coco to sustain a plant so it must be bottle fed nutrients. Since coco is inert plain water or plain ph adjusted water does nothing for your plant - it needs to be fed quarter strength nutes at every feeding. Adding cal mag is important in coco grows and you defs need a good ph pen plus ph up and ph down solution.

If you mix a gallon of nutes at a time then by next feeding the ph will have changed so it’s best to learn to do the math and mix small fresh batches

10 mil per liter
5 mil per half liter
2.5 mil per quarter liter….. all of these are same strength just smaller batches

feed every other day on seedlings, feed 1X per day when plant is larger, feed 2X per day when she’s really big and feed 3X per day in flower, feed to runoff each time, worry about your input ph or ppms but forget about checking runoff numbers
@013 - with bio 5.8 is the minimum
Around pH 6-6.3 works best for me

Agree with @Growings. Biobizz is also mentioning that 6.2-6.4 is best to aim for.
I just fed my babies.

Normally I do:
1ml fish mix (instead of grow in veg phase) + 1ml bio heaven + 1ml acti-vera (enzymetic) + CalMag (When needed thanks to tap water)

Tonight I did:
0.5ml fish mix + 0.4ml bloom + 1ml bio heaven + 1ml acti-vera + 0.3ml CalMag

Below is the sad babies. Please mention if you notice any deficiency or anything else that I need to take care of going forward. Please note that I also posted a pic of a princess that I got from a friend a couple of weeks ago.

What should I do going forward? Do you guys see any deficiencys and can I save my bigger princess? I think I have fed her wrong thanks to that she is in soil and bigger (First time grower have never had a princess of magnitude). I have been watering once a day but she get dry SOO FAAST!!
Thank you for your help guys!!

20210824_010149.jpg

20210824_010114.jpg

20210824_010155.jpg

@013 - with bio 5.8 is the minimum
Around pH 6-6.3 works best for me
Totally my bad and thanks for that correction Growings!!!

need to know what kind of soil but for most soil tyoes (excluding living organic soil) cannabis plants generally speaking can’t handle water every day when they are young. Now in flower it’s a different story but for young or veg plants yup it’s true. They need to see a real wet dry cycle, right now they are getting a wet / drenched cycle - the real problem is a constantly wet soil doesn’t allow oxygen to get to the roots. For now you want to avoid watering the soil grown plant and let it go dry for 3 to 5 days at least.

Read this very informative link by 420 member Emilya but remember that coco and soil have different rules, IIRC the article below was written for soil How to Water a potted plant

Looks great! I was WAY wrong - they were obviously pretty hungry…. Glad you got it worked out mattimo!
@sneekymofo
Thank you for your help. I have a question. I checked your grow journal and noticed a similar symptom to what I have.
Did you do anything about the symptoms on these leaves? Do I need to worry anything? I have it on similiar level of leaves too.

1629835124007.png

Back
Top Bottom