Drug charge class

Kerbz

so yea.. before i go to sleep just wanted to post up my thoughts.

Got a possession ticket a while back, and just went to the mandatory class that is basically a class that teaches you what drugs do to your brain and is also a class about alcoholics and AIDS. The class was actually surprisingly informative. They talk about what each drug does to your brain, which parts of the brain it stimulates and why what happens happens. Also talked about ways to tell how you are addicted. not to any specific thing, but just addicted to anything in general. Was really an eye opener, but even after learning what I did, it won't make me stop. Yea im gonna cut back a bit, but doubt ill ever stop smoking.

just an interesting fact i remember
Marijuana Tobacco
150+ carcinogens 50+ carcinogens

He went on to talk about this, and how the average smoker that gets lung cancer isnt until after 35 or so years of smoking cigs (probably a pack or more a day). So mathamatically speaking it would take a third of that time for us pot heads to get lung cancer. Well, that would be true if you were smoking the equivalent amount of bud as a pack of cigs a day. Now as fun as that sounds, I doubt anyone does that.

Another interesting fact. Chocolate has the same acting cannaboid (sp?) as marijuana but in order for you to get the high that you get form a joint, you would have to eat 25lbs of chocolate. :63" So basically, smoke a crap load, get the munchies, eat 25 pounds of chocolate, cure your munchies while getting higher. :laughtwo:

ok night all. :peace:

Re: drug class

Kerbz said:
So mathamatically speaking it would take a third of that time for us pot heads to get lung cancer.
The information you posted is correct, however this part is untrue, marijuana has three times the amount of chemicals that have been found to cause cancer as tobacco, but this does not mean it has 3 times the cancer causing power that tobacco does. All the 150 is is the number of carcinogins, this does not take into account the potency of each of these chemicals, and even more importantly, the way these chemicals are absorbed into the respritory system, and can cause cancer. The post about "Marijuana Myths" has much more information about this, but the bottom line is cannabis is much less likely to cause cancer then tobacco, even when smoked in similar quantities. It is unknown to what extent pot smoked alone can lead to lung cancer, and even if pot smoking causes any more damage then smoking anything else, burning anything and inhaling it into your lungs is hard on the lungs, this is why vaping is the popular method for medical users. Number of carcinagins alone is impressivaly high, but this means little medically.

I attended a voluntary drug class, we called it the sixties.

One word..

Vape :cheesygrinsmiley:

tommysmokes said:
I attended a voluntary drug class, we called it the sixties.

:laughtwo: lol Fuckin A! I wish I could have grown up back then :headbanger: :Rasta:

I've got a mandatory drug class to take on the 11th of March for a PDP ticket I got a few months ago (possession drug paraphernalia) It's an 8 hour class that starts at 8 A.M so I'm thinking of making some special brownies and eating some around lunch time :cool:

Kerbz said:
so yea.. before i go to sleep just wanted to post up my thoughts.

Got a possession ticket a while back, and just went to the mandatory class that is basically a class that teaches you what drugs do to your brain and is also a class about alcoholics and AIDS. The class was actually surprisingly informative. They talk about what each drug does to your brain, which parts of the brain it stimulates and why what happens happens. Also talked about ways to tell how you are addicted. not to any specific thing, but just addicted to anything in general. Was really an eye opener, but even after learning what I did, it won't make me stop. Yea im gonna cut back a bit, but doubt ill ever stop smoking.

just an interesting fact i remember
Marijuana Tobacco

He went on to talk about this, and how the average smoker that gets lung cancer isnt until after 35 or so years of smoking cigs (probably a pack or more a day). So mathamatically speaking it would take a third of that time for us pot heads to get lung cancer. Well, that would be true if you were smoking the equivalent amount of bud as a pack of cigs a day. Now as fun as that sounds, I doubt anyone does that.

Another interesting fact. Chocolate has the same acting cannaboid (sp?) as marijuana but in order for you to get the high that you get form a joint, you would have to eat 25lbs of chocolate. :63" So basically, smoke a crap load, get the munchies, eat 25 pounds of chocolate, cure your munchies while getting higher. :laughtwo:

ok night all. :peace:
I don't think it's technically a cannabinoid, it's just another substance that is analagous to anandamide, (our brain's homogenous cannabinoid).

Another thing, I don't thinks this is
Marijuana Tobacco
is a fact. Marijuana and tobacco smoke are basically the same except for cannabinoids and nicotine.

J842P said:
Another thing, I don't thinks this is
is a fact. Marijuana and tobacco smoke are basically the same except for cannabinoids and nicotine.

I think you're right. These drug "education" programs are full of propoganda and lies. I'm not saying everything they say is untrue, but most everything they teach you, about marijuana at least, is probably bullshit and twisted facts.

i went to a drug awarness class and I can't remeber 1 damn thing the guy said ofc course I was high as shit lol. all i remember was the guy sitting next to me had mutliple lighters keep falling out of his pocket and hitting the floor makin noise. fucking hillarious

dunno about the classes being complete lies. im sure there is truth behind what they say, they just dont say the whole truth. like bigdopehead said, i guess its absorbed differently. But like bluntkilla also said, people who smoke joints and blunts are worse off because your burning the paper too. just think the class was interesting.

Back
Top Bottom